my storm is shot! on my way to the store to tell them that the touchscreen wasnt working, it turned off and hasnt turned back on yet! There is no water damage and was not dropped. It is fully charged too!

Verizon said they dont know when my replacement will be in and blackberry said the same! This is ridiculous!!!
    12-01-08 11:54 AM
    I had something very similar happen, even called Verizon and they agreed to ship me a "like new" unit in 2-3 weeks.

I plugged it in overnight, on the off-chance that the battery was to blame...it was back on by morning. In fact, I haven't had a problem since. I still blame the battery...just waiting for the local stores to have new batts in stock.

You might try this...I hope it helps. It's much easier than waiting 3 weeks for a new handset.
    12-01-08 05:16 PM
    first full day of using my phone i put it on charger before i went to sleep for the night... wake up, and discover that the phone will not turn on or respond at all!
    took it to verizon saturday night, and they think its the battery, they swap for a new one, still nothing... so they just ordered me a new one! should be here by tuesday afternoon!

best of luck with you and your situation
    12-01-08 06:21 PM
    The first night I had the Storm I left it in the dock charging overnight and when I looked at it in the morning it was completely dead. I had bought a spare battery, however, so I put that in and the Storm was fine and it's been fine ever since - the first battery was defective. I'd check the battery before replacing the phone.
    12-01-08 06:22 PM
    In the past RIM has stated that usb computer connections will not charge a completely dead battery. Can't be certain this is true of the Storm since the wall charger is only 5V as 700mah but it would be worth a try. Some computer's usb ports never really hit 5v even, so even if you left it there all night it might not charge.

--bg
    12-01-08 06:49 PM
    Not sure why, but my car charger tends to charge the storm faster than my AC charger.
    12-01-08 07:16 PM
    my storm fell from my pocket to the floor while sitting and then wouldnt turn on. I took the battery out of it for about an hour, then put it back and plugged it into the wall charger and it turned back on. It then turned back off about an hour later. So I did the same, took the battery out, this time for about 10 minutes, then put it back in and plugged it in and now its been working fine for about 3 hours. Im going to be buying a new battery tonight and hoping that its fixed after that.
    04-28-09 03:46 PM
    my storm fell from my pocket to the floor while sitting and then wouldnt turn on. I took the battery out of it for about an hour, then put it back and plugged it into the wall charger and it turned back on. It then turned back off about an hour later. So I did the same, took the battery out, this time for about 10 minutes, then put it back in and plugged it in and now its been working fine for about 3 hours. Im going to be buying a new battery tonight and hoping that its fixed after that.
    Who are you talking to? The conversation you are trying to join ended 148 days ago LOL.
    04-28-09 05:08 PM
    are you using an OEM charger...ive heard of aftermarket chargers causing this problem. It happened to my brother and it just came back on after a while and hasnt happened since.
    04-28-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD