Well, I've had my frist mishap wit the storm. Setting my coffee cup down this morning caused some sloghing and a drop no bigger than a dive hot my storm's screen.. right on the edge. I got most of it sopped up quickly by just throwing my eyeglass cleaning cloth on top of it (without pressing!) but some did manage to go behind the screen. Now the screen sticks a bit when it is clicked.

Does anyone know if it is ok to spray around the edges with electronic component cleaner? Would it damage the bezel/housing? Or should I just bite it and disassemble my precious to clean it?
    02-24-09 05:34 AM
    I dropped my phone in milk - face first. It was very sticky and gummy to use for a day or two after the incident but then it must have dried and was working fine. I didn't have any problems with it at all other than milk getting in the earpiece and me not being able to hear.

I would give it a day or two before doing anything. If it remains sticky then I would figure out alternate things to try but from my experience, it dried itself out and I didn't have to mess with it.
    02-24-09 06:55 AM
    bump-bump!
    02-24-09 02:50 PM
    No cleaner will get rid of coffee, soft drink, milk, tea, etc. if there is any sugar in the liquid. Only water will dissolve/remove a sugar-based liquid and I don't think I'd try and rinse a Storm with water.....
    02-24-09 03:51 PM
    Hmmm. Thanks. I'd rather not do that either. I'dike to at least try the component cleaner. Any idea if it is ok to use on the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 03:55 PM
    I will keep that in mind being that I too am an avid coffee drinker.
    02-24-09 04:11 PM
    Try an alcohol swab, they are thin and you can probably slide the pad underneath the screen partially, maybe this will help
    02-24-09 05:14 PM
    ill try the alcohol later and post back on how it works out.

02-24-09 05:42 PM
    holtztwins beat me to it, was gonna actually suggest a 99% alcohol swap of some sort with the phone battery pulled.

ps. and not making fun or anything, but isnt it a tad ironic that someone named MrWashy is trying to clean his Storm ;P
    02-24-09 05:48 PM
    ps. and not making fun or anything, but isnt it a tad ironic that someone named MrWashy is trying to clean his Storm ;P
    You took the words out of my mouth.

I hope that MrWashy gets their Storm working again.
    02-24-09 07:24 PM
    Lol! Me too...

02-24-09 07:25 PM
    I was actually thinking that the alcohol pads you get in first aid kits may work too. The edges may be able to slip under the screen enough to clean it. Gotta find one with just alcohol, and the highest percentage too. also distilled water might be useful too (if you wait some time after the battery pull to make sure all the circuits have discharged) distilled water doesn't conduct well, water with impurities (like tap water) does. But I'd suggest the 99% isopropyl first.
    Last edited by kokuryuha; 02-24-09 at 07:30 PM.
    02-24-09 07:28 PM
    I will keep that in mind being that I too am an avid coffee drinker.
    Oh yeah? How about 4 pots of coffie a day like me? lol I love it man. Especially Dunkin Donuts. They dont have any here in TN, which is why ill be right back in NJ next month

To stay on topic, I would get a wet towel and try to wipe it down like that. At least you know watter doesnt have what milk, coffie, or soda do
    02-24-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD