When I am in clock and enter bedside mode my screen dims as I would expect then after a couple of minutes it goes black. I assume that this is the backlight time elapsing. I would expect that in bedside mode the screen would dim and not black out. I got it to not black out once but can not re-create this.

Any suggestions on what I am missing????

Thanks
    01-21-09 10:12 PM
    Mine has done that a couple times. I just exited out of the bedside mode and the clock, and then went back into bedside mode and it worked fine.
    01-21-09 10:13 PM
    it needs to be plugged in or else it will fade out
    01-21-09 10:22 PM
    Unfortunately I tried that a few times and it still blacks out. I even tried changing the backlight timeout in the Screen/Keyboard options to see if that made any difference but no luck.
    01-21-09 10:23 PM
    it needs to be plugged in or else it will fade out
    Agreed. Unless the Storm is plugged in and charging, it will automatically fade to conserve battery power. If it's left on all night, even in bedside mode, without a power source, it will die.
    01-21-09 10:25 PM
    Still fades out when plugged in as well

Any other suggestions. As I said I got it to work one night (not plugged in) but have no idea how it worked.
    01-21-09 10:26 PM
    Do you have your options set to show clock when plugged in?
    01-21-09 10:28 PM
    not sure... where is the option to show clock when plugged in set?
    01-21-09 10:31 PM
    found the option and it was set to do nothing. I have changed it to enter bed side mode and am testing now.
    01-21-09 10:33 PM
    It appears to be working now that I changed the option when charging.

Weird though... you would think that if you manually select clock mode, go to options, select bedside mode that it would perform bedside mode and not black out the screen.

Oh well, thanks for the replies.
    01-21-09 10:36 PM
    No problem. Glad it's working for you now.
    01-21-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD