Does anyone know how I could fix my charger I plug in the charger and it doesn't say it is charging at all. I have two other storms with broken screens so I can still use one of the storms to do a battery swap. I would like to know if there is anyway to fix it or if I have to stick with the battery swap thing
    09-09-11 08:30 PM
    It sounds like the USB port on the phone is broken, so you will need to continue to swap batteries.

Alternatively, if you are handy, you may be able to swap the screen from the good Storm to one of the Storm's with a broken screen and create a new working phone.
    09-09-11 10:22 PM
    Ya I probably could do a screen swap but I don't have the tools to open the phone up properly
    09-09-11 11:27 PM
    I have never done it and one needs to be careful not to damage any of the ribbons, but there are some video's showing how to do that if you decide to try. You can do a search on You Tube or on this site and easily find them. At least you have a workable solution and have the ability to keep a couple of charged batteries.

Good luck
    09-10-11 12:50 PM
    I had a problem with the plug tip on the charger - not on the phone. Finally had to replace thge charger - but better than repairing/replacing the phone.
    I could put pressure on one side of the plug & it would start charging, that is how I figured it out. Plus my plug had green corrosion in the tip. Tyr another charger.
    See if it is clean - if dirty or corroded, use tuner cleaner (spray can) available form Radio Shack or other elec supply story.
    09-12-11 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD