I have read all the posts about the Storm in Canada, and I remain confused about availability. I know it will be available to Bell and Telus before Christmas, but what about Rogers? Unfortunately I am locked into a further 2 years with Rogers that woould be too expensive to get out of. Does anyone know if Rogers will offer it after some period of exclusivity (say 3 months or so) to Telus and Bell, or are Rogers people just SOL? Thx.
    11-11-08 08:01 AM
    There is a rumour that rogers will get the next version of the storm in Quarter 2 of next year. But it's unconfirmed at this time.
    -Rik
    11-11-08 10:12 AM
    I suppose its promising that Rogers might get it at all, although Q2 of next year is a long to wait!
    11-11-08 10:14 AM
    The way I understood it to be was that it was next year as well and NOT any time soon. Which I think is great. I think Rogers should have to sqwerm a bit, because they got the iphone and the Bold. they got the iphone so they should continue to just sell that as there touchscreen.
    11-11-08 11:13 AM
    If Rogers is going to get this sometime next year then this is good news. If available to Rogers then the Storm will most likely have HSPA 850/1900/2100, which is ATT 3G network.

So you can probably count on the Rogers Storm to have:
    * UMTS/HSPA: 2100/1900/850 MHz
    * North America: 850 MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    * North America: 1900MHz GSM�/GPRS networks
    * Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    * Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
    * EDGE networks
    * HSDPA networks (questionable)

I'd rather wait month or two instead of purchasing an unlock storm on Verizon network just to have this released on Rogers. To me it would be better to wait and have the speeds of 3G as my company pays the bill. All I have to do is buy the phone and transfer the data.
    11-11-08 11:31 AM
    I'm pretty sure an unlocked verizon storm won't work on rogers. you would need to get the vodaphone version. It'll also be more than a few months, if it shows up at all.
    -Rik
    11-11-08 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD