I recently upgraded my Blackberry Storm to the latest leak made available .132 and when I was done with the install and all of that my browser was GONE!! All of my downloads were GONE!! Ive tried the "advanced settings>host routing>register now" and when I go to email settings my device says "your device had a problem connecting to the server. I must have reset my phone a million times and JL wiped everything and reinstalled everything and NOTHING!! WTF? Im so frustrated and sad . Can anybody assist me? Give me all you've got as far as solutions to my problems go please. Thanks a whole lot if you can help or give this one a try.
    04-23-09 01:11 PM
    Log into the Verizon BIS account management, and click the "Resend Service Books" link on the left. I don't have the URL handy, but maybe someone will post it quickly, and if not, do a search because it's been posted before. And yes, some people will tell you that this is the same thing as what you've tried, but there have been times where what you tried didn't work, and what I suggested did.
    04-23-09 01:12 PM
    good luck holmes! Main thing is keep cool baby. Once we loose our cool, then troubleshooting is a b**ch.

Just keep digging for help, cause your phone will live again
    cherylMD likes this.
    04-23-09 01:32 PM
    you guys are awesome. ive checked into these solutions and i think they are what works... not yet for me. ive been digging around for awhile. Im gonna keep trying. i read a few stories and this makes me wanna call a vzw customer service rep. im sure theyll tell me what you've already suggested Bigman. Ill get back to you.
    04-23-09 01:39 PM
    update my signature hahaha damn that's old :P but i was lovin .85 when I made it my siggy :P
    04-23-09 01:41 PM
    I feel your pain brother, this is the 4th or 5th OS I've installed and never lost the browser before but something in .132 caused the same problem for me. I was on another forum and received this reply to my request for help from another member, however prior to reading this I had done 4 or 5 batt pulls and ran Restore from a backup I did yesterday then did the register thing and it came back but this might be worth a try

"hay buddy you need to go to manage connections. mobile network then menu run diaognostics then it will come back i promise. "

If it doesn't work please don't take it out on me, I'm just sharing the info I was given but didn't try. Good Luck
    04-23-09 01:46 PM
    Mine was gone after the upgrade as well, along with a few other issues, but a hard reboot did the trick and everything is working properly.
    04-23-09 02:38 PM
    Im a little down but hey at least my phone works i tried everything. ive installed every leak that's come out since they started coming out and i install this one and now i know what the others pains feel like . it hurts me in my heart. haha but seriously it does. ah. its up to the vzw techies to talk to the blackberry people and see what's going on with my PIN *tear. If anybody else has to go through this that's reading this thread. You're in my thoughts. I don't pray so if you do.. put my situation getting fixed in your prayers too please. My name is Mark
    cherylMD likes this.
    04-23-09 03:03 PM
    Hay Mark, I just upgraded to .132 and have the same problem as you. If i can't get this to work I'm going to downgrade.
    04-23-09 03:39 PM
    If the Host Routing Table doesn't work. All you have to do is dial 611 and follow the directions to get the Blackberrys. Then just tell them that your browser is gone and tell them to resend service books. They will ask for your pin and thats it. It will come back as soon as they do it. Wasn't hard at all, and they didn't ask questions as to why it was gone.
    04-23-09 04:14 PM
    If the Host Routing Table doesn't work. All you have to do is dial 611 and follow the directions to get the Blackberrys. Then just tell them that your browser is gone and tell them to resend service books. They will ask for your pin and thats it. It will come back as soon as they do it. Wasn't hard at all, and they didn't ask questions as to why it was gone.
    Im glad this worked for you but i was on the phone w/vzw for almost 2 hours. ah. i tried downgrading to .75 and nothing.
    04-23-09 04:45 PM
    i too lost the browser after the upgrade...ran the diagnostics as previously mentioned and it came back. super sweet!
    04-23-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD