OK...I'm trying to be positive here...but WTF. 5min 40sec for this damned storm to boot?

Hope I'm never in an accident and the phone flys off the seat and reboots...I could bleed to death before it boots back up.

WHY on earth does it take this long?

4.7.0.75, 109, 114v1-2 now .122

Apps - IheartRadio, GoogleMaps, Trapster, Poynt, Quicklaunch, Tetherberry, Vlingo and APNews.

/sigh

-S
    Last edited by sghere; 04-11-09 at 09:39 AM.
    04-11-09 09:34 AM
    OK...I'm trying to be positive here...but WTF. 5min 40sec for this damned storm to boot?

Hope I'm never in an accident and the phone flys off the seat and reboots...I could bleed to death before it boots back up.

WHY on earth does it take this long?

4.7.0.75, 109, 114v1-2 now .122

Apps - IheartRadio, GoogleMaps, Trapster, Poynt, Quicklaunch, Tetherberry, Vlingo and APNews.

/sigh

-S
    Hmm I haven't timed mine in awhile but last time I did it was under 2 minutes, and being on .122 it seems to boot faster then ever.
    04-11-09 10:05 AM
    I just timed my boot time on .122. It was 2min 20 sec. I've never understood why it takes it so long to boot up.

I have the following apps:
    SocialScope, Opera Mini, WeatherBug, CaptureIt, TwitterBerry, Flight Path, Slacker Mobile, Poynt, Qik, TWSS app, AccelerometerDemo, Level, Google Maps, Google Sync.
    04-11-09 11:02 AM
    When the progress bar is about 75% loaded, just swipe your finger across the screen. For some reason it wakes it up and it finished loading.
    04-11-09 11:04 AM
    All BlackBerry take a wile to boot up. Its a computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 11:49 AM
    It is a mini computer of sorts with a 624Mhz (I think) processor in it and your wondering why it take so long to boot? Give me a break my PC back in the pre-GHz era loaded just as slow, well not as slow but pretty close. Unless your doing battery pulls or the phone decides to reboot out of the blue (quiet often I hear) you should be fine. Also disable some of those programs that are running. The less stuff on the phone the faster it boots, I have my brand new Storm with .75 installed and it boots in about 3min, which to me is about average. I'm not to picky about stuff like that.
    04-11-09 12:20 PM
    I just timed mine and it took 1 minute 47 seconds to reboot. The more that you have installed on the device, the longer it will take. This will especially hold true if you are using a theme. To compare to your results, I have about 27 apps installed onto my device.

04-11-09 12:20 PM
    I just timed mine and it took 1 minute 47 seconds to reboot. The more that you have installed on the device, the longer it will take. This will especially hold true if you are using a theme. To compare to your results, I have about 27 apps installed onto my device.

There must be something wrong with my phone then. Both my Storm and the wifes takes over 5 minutes to boot. Just got them in February, so they're fairly new. No themes on either, and nothings running in the background other than the regular 5 apps that are always running (Phone, BB Msngr, Browser, Home Screen and Messages).

Wonder if I should take them back and have the VZW guys look at it. ??

-S
    04-11-09 01:15 PM
    There must be something wrong with my phone then. Both my Storm and the wifes takes over 5 minutes to boot. Just got them in February, so they're fairly new. No themes on either, and nothings running in the background other than the regular 5 apps that are always running (Phone, BB Msngr, Browser, Home Screen and Messages).

-S
    Try clearing your event log and then try a reboot. The amount of information in the event log can also impact your reboot. Also do you have QuickPull or Soft Reset installed on your device because those apps will clear the log before the reset.

04-11-09 01:18 PM
    it takes my phone 5 min + to boot up too so it isnt just your phone

even with quickpull, its about 5 min
    04-11-09 01:29 PM
    so it's slowpull i guess. mine takes a fair amount of time also.
    04-11-09 01:39 PM
    My Quad (3 internal disks, two screens) comes out of hibernation in 4 seconds. For your Storm: take up some Zen breathing exercises - relax...relax...relax...Slow Down...Slow Down...Peace...Peace...Peace

Doctor Neutron
    04-11-09 05:25 PM
    wow you really will find anything to complain about wont you?
    04-11-09 05:52 PM
    If you're running .75, your phone will take a long time to boot. If you're truly running .109 or .113, the bootup should be in the sub 3 minute range.
    04-11-09 05:52 PM
    My Quad (3 internal disks, two screens) comes out of hibernation in 4 seconds. For your Storm: take up some Zen breathing exercises - relax...relax...relax...Slow Down...Slow Down...Peace...Peace...Peace

Doctor Neutron
    How about a complete boot up my quad takes longer than my phone.

My Storm is running .113 with a custom theme and it just took 2 minutes 10 seconds to boot up from a Quick Pull.
    04-11-09 06:06 PM
    All BlackBerry take a wile to boot up. Its a computer.

Are you seriously using this as an excuse for the boot time? Winmo phones are computers right? When was the last time you saw a Winmo phone take that long to boot up? These phones take a ridiculous amount of time to boot up. It's not really a big deal but no other phone on the market takes this long to boot up, and there are other phones that are more complex than BB's.
    04-11-09 06:16 PM

-S
    mine has always taken a long time. with the newest hybrid .122 or whatever it takes a bit shorter but not by much. might just be how they are.

good point though about the accident, never thought about that. kinda scary
    04-11-09 06:45 PM
    its a computer! If you want a phone that boots up fast, get a flip phone or something... obviously computers don't load fast, buy my phone loads up faster then my P.C at home does though.

people have nothing better to do then complain about the boot up time now?? come on, give me a break
    04-11-09 07:01 PM
    When the progress bar is about 75% loaded, just swipe your finger across the screen. For some reason it wakes it up and it finished loading.
    Did a QuickPull and tried this while timing it. Didn't seem to do anything, but I did try a click and either that did something or I clicked at the exact time it transitioned to the VZW splash screen.

2 minutes 42 seconds plus or minus a couple due to my imprecise timing. I've never timed it before so I don't know for sure if the click helped or not.
    04-11-09 07:15 PM
    If you're running .75, your phone will take a long time to boot. If you're truly running .109 or .113, the bootup should be in the sub 3 minute range.
    Hmmm. Running .113 and timed my bootup at 4:52. Blue load bar did not show up on my Storm until 4:01. I've always had very long load times when starting the phone, but reading this from you makes me scratch my head.

Thoughts?
    04-11-09 08:02 PM
    time from battery inserted to booted up and ready for use with the Bold 9000 on 4.6.0.247 is 1 minute 15 seconds
    04-11-09 08:11 PM

Doctor Neutron
    Way to compare apples to oranges. Cold boot times might be meaningful, but from hibernate?

04-11-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD