I have been trying to transfer my contacts from my old Samsung U600 via bluetooth to my new storm but it keeps failing connection. Anyone had the same problem??
    11-26-08 03:02 PM
    Contact transfer to Storm via Bluetooth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was finally able to transfer my contacts from my sony erricson w810i to my Storm.

It's not pretty and I was only able to transfer one contact at a time but it works.

You end up transferring a VCF file (for each contact) to the Storm media card and then updating your contacts from those files.

Here's how:
    1) On your Storm, go to media> press the BB key and then select "Receive Using Bluetooth"
    2) On your old phone, have a contact ready to send via Bluetooth and start transfer (you need to be ready because the Storm will timeout if you're not ready).
    3) Accept the transfer on your Storm and indicate where you want the file to go. I chose the "documents" folder on the media card and then scroll down and click save.
    4) Repeat for each contact.
    5) Once the files are transferred, do an "explore" from the BB key inside Media and you'll be able to find all of the files you just transferred. Click on each and you'll have the option to add them to your contacts.

Like I said, it's not pretty but it works and saves retyping each contact.
    12-18-08 08:09 AM
    Contact transfer to Storm via Bluetooth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was finally able to transfer my contacts from my sony erricson w810i to my Storm.

It's not pretty and I was only able to transfer one contact at a time but it works.

You end up transferring a VCF file (for each contact) to the Storm media card and then updating your contacts from those files.

Here's how:
    1) On your Storm, go to media> press the BB key and then select "Receive Using Bluetooth"
    2) On your old phone, have a contact ready to send via Bluetooth and start transfer (you need to be ready because the Storm will timeout if you're not ready).
    3) Accept the transfer on your Storm and indicate where you want the file to go. I chose the "documents" folder on the media card and then scroll down and click save.
    4) Repeat for each contact.
    5) Once the files are transferred, do an "explore" from the BB key inside Media and you'll be able to find all of the files you just transferred. Click on each and you'll have the option to add them to your contacts.

Like I said, it's not pretty but it works and saves retyping each contact.
    My contact transfer project was even less pretty. Ended up exporting contacts from LG envy into a .csv file. Formatted it to DM text file (took awhile to understand the spec) and imported via DM.
    12-30-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD