Does anyone know if this if just for UK 9500's or will we not be able to add this to our BES for a few more weeks? wwwDOTtheregisterDOTcoDOTuk/2008/11/19/storm_bes/

I'm still trying to verify this. Can't post url's here yet.

Link
    Last edited by cadsystems; 11-19-08 at 10:14 AM.
    11-19-08 08:17 AM
    Great question. I'm a little worried also. Anybody know?
    11-19-08 09:01 AM
    I need to know too. If it doesn't work with a BES, then i can't (won't) get one.
    11-19-08 09:16 AM
    I did just speak to a rep, which I know from reading on this board is not necessarily golden, but she assured me that it will work with BES.
    Because if it's not, that would preclude me from getting one too.
    Mike
    11-19-08 09:40 AM
    After further review, I still think that maybe the Register was wrong. I didn't poke around their comments area before posting my first question. From what a couple of the comments from the site referenced that they pulled it from a forum and it maybe not entirely true. I'm calling t-support now to check though.

edit: From RIM, as long as VZW can provision it for business. I'm calling VZW techsupport now to verify.

edit: This must either be a false claim or just a vodafone issue. I just talked to VZW techsupport and their techs are using the storms with the latest software on a BES. So this thread can either be deleted or moved or kept up in case someone else may find this useful.
    Last edited by cadsystems; 11-19-08 at 10:22 AM.
    11-19-08 10:09 AM
    Thank the almighty
    11-19-08 11:03 AM
    Actually I did read, I forget who on here complaining about this. I don't know if it's the same problem here on the states. Since technically one is GSM and the other CDMA.
    11-19-08 11:08 AM
    So this thread can either be deleted or moved or kept up in case someone else may find this useful.
    It helped me, thanks very much! I'll continuing hounding the leadership. I love my Pearl but think I could absolutely go ape over the Storm.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    01-06-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD