Battery lasted for only 6 hrs today. Went completed dead. Is this the norm for the Blackberry Storm battery. I made one short call, three texts, and browsed one website. Are there suggestions as to how to lenghten the battery time
    12-20-08 07:17 PM
    I'm going to say no.

My original Storm held a charge for a complete day, no problem, even with my heavy use.

However my replacement could only hold maybe half a day....

I swapped the batteries and now my replacement phone is holding the a days charge easy... I believe there's something wrong with some of the batteries that are out there...
    12-20-08 07:19 PM
    well, all BB baatterys are Li-ion they do not have a memory so you can put it on charge to top off without affecting battery life

Thou nothing is really stated with this I have found all BB batterys tend to work the best after a few good discharge/charging cycles, when I first got my BB for the first two weeks my battery life was poor then after the fist month it started to get much better
    12-20-08 07:21 PM
    and that is true not all batterys are perfect, actually I am useing my original battery I had to get my curve replaced with a warretie issue, I held on to my battery
    12-20-08 07:22 PM
    What about bluetooth and the GPS? Were they on?
    Turn those 2 off and watch your battery life double...
    12-20-08 07:36 PM
    Def. far from normal. as i have stated before i get:

2 full days (left on while i am sleeping)
    non stop BES push e-mail + BIS e-mail
    many calls
    bluetooth used always in the car with cars navigation, so bluetooth is always connected even when i am not using it whenever i am in the car
    browser usage through out the day crusing crackberry on wapforums
    usaully have GPS on
    screen is on default full brightness settings with default auto dim on.
    minimal 3rd party apps though (google maps, opera mini, youtube app)

one time whene i did extremely heavy usage on the first day, the phone went into wireless-off mode late the 2nd night, but i was already home so no big deal.

the times when i charge it the first day, i always have min. 40% battery left.

the battery on this phone is AMAZING!

compared to my moto q, it runs on a nuclear reactore!
    12-20-08 07:37 PM
    I regularly get 3 days with average use

I'm still in the habit of nearly charging my Storm nightly. It's such a great device that I never want to be left without power in the middle of the day.

I understand this is more taxing on the battery but I can always purchase a new battery.
    12-20-08 07:43 PM
    I just charged my Storm, and the lightning bolt was still on there after a while of charging it. I checked my status, and it said 100%, but the bolt was still there.

I did notice that it charged pretty quickly, but the bolt never went away.
    12-21-08 01:01 PM
    I wish I had your battery. I can't go half a day without charging my battery again. Usually have to charge twice a day in order to go a whole day. Where can I get the battery that you guys have?
    12-21-08 01:32 PM
    It came with my Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 06:27 PM
    Battery lasted for only 6 hrs today. Went completed dead. Is this the norm for the Blackberry Storm battery. I made one short call, three texts, and browsed one website. Are there suggestions as to how to lenghten the battery time
    get a new battery
    12-21-08 06:30 PM
    My battery has been having problems as well. It lasts longer than 6 hours, but usually no longer than 24 hours. I find that battery loses at least 10% when you do a reset. Since my phone seems to be crashing fairly often now, the battery drains pretty quickly.
    12-21-08 06:35 PM
    Switch mobile network settings (under Options menu) to 1xEV, rather than Global, assuming you're on Verizon, and not a GSM network.
    12-21-08 06:38 PM
    Get a holster that puts it into sleep mode. It helps with the battery life. Did around 250 text messages and browsed the internet for a few minutes and did random things to it. Also talked maybe 30 minutes today and I still have 70% charge.
    12-21-08 06:50 PM
    What do u mean a holster?
    Get a holster that puts it into sleep mode. It helps with the battery life. Did around 250 text messages and browsed the internet for a few minutes and did random things to it. Also talked maybe 30 minutes today and I still have 70% charge.
    12-26-08 04:54 PM
    What do u mean a holster?
    One of these.
    12-26-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD