On a little differnt note how much moisture does it take to make the water sticker display damage. I am sending my storm in for dust in the screen and was curious about that beings my phone was sat down on a wet counter at one point. Should I be worried about them saying my warranty is not valid.
    Last edited by t_juhnke; 01-30-09 at 02:07 PM.
    01-30-09 02:04 PM
    I wouldnt do it, the steam is water and that is bad for electrical things...or so I've heard.
    01-30-09 02:08 PM
    On a little differnt note how much moisture does it take to make the water sticker display damage. I am sending my storm in for dust in the screen and was curious about that beings my phone was sat down on a wet counter at one point. Should I be worried about them saying my warranty is not valid.
    I would say it depends on how much water was on the counter. The back screen cover does protect from a small amount of liquid (i would say a few ounces max) so if it was just a bit of water it shouldnt be too bad. Of course on the negative side, the water sticker is pretty close to the side of where the cover closes.
    01-30-09 02:13 PM
    I know this may sound simple, but is it possible to leave the bathroom door cracked just a few inches so all the steam filters out through your house? I'm sure you probably have some form of cover on your shower so i dont think you would have to worry about anyone walking in or such. I would also recommend as another poster mentioned to keep it on the floor since heat rises.
    01-30-09 02:15 PM
    thanks for the help.
    01-30-09 02:20 PM
    Well I actually tried this last night. The problem was that the phone wasnt loud enough for me to listen to my podcasts. I eventually gave up on the idea. I may try using the phone right outside the door and run some cheap speakers inside so that I could listen.
    01-30-09 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the input guys. I only did this once (as I usually do use my ipod with speakers until said ipod was stolen). I just noticed the touch controls acting a little screwy and wiped off the screen for it to work fine. Then I tried placing it in a cabinet face down while I was in the shower and had no problem at all, doesn't hurt that the speakers on this thing are pretty loud. I may just do the ziplock bag idea as well.

And yes I have insurance on this thing, although so far it's been running strong. (including a 7 foot drop from the top bunk in my gf's room). I'll be much more careful after seeing this info on water damage though, thanks.

Btw, also in regards to water damage, what do you guys do to keep your phone safe in the rain. Don't tell me you don't make phone calls period, but on rainy days when I have to walk a long ways to my car (and this applies to just light rain) it seems impossible to prevent water from getting on the screen. (I already have a screen protector and hard case).
    02-02-09 02:52 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD