I love the thing. I can't stop playing with it.

The keyboard in landscape is pure heaven. I can already type faster than I could ever on my Curve. I have no clue what those negative reviews were talking about. The suretype is exactly what the doctor ordered.

For those who haven't received their Storm yet, you're in for a treat.
    Last edited by LeonTheCat; 11-22-08 at 12:53 AM.
    11-22-08 12:42 AM
    finally some positive news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:44 AM
    I was number 4 in line this morning. Many people left without one as the store only had 20. I love this thing. Been playing with it all day.
    11-22-08 12:47 AM
    I would have to agree. Though I don't own one yet (stupid shortages), when I played around with the demo I could tell that I would need to get used to it (since it is my first touch screen after all) but I just had that feeling that when I typed with that sure press stuff it FELT good.
    11-22-08 12:48 AM
    i traded in my iPhone for the Storm today. Picked mine up at Costco (first one they sold) and got the accessories free and no activation fee.

to be really honest, i didn't like the Storm at first after coming from the iPhone. I thought i would just get a Curve in a few days when the Mania died down since they were out...

now, after spending the day with it, i am typing faster than i ever did on my iPhone in the QWERTY keyboard and even faster with the SureType Keyboard. my 7130 was not really much different from the Storm, aside from the glitz and glamor.

i'm so grateful to be back on Verizon and even more glad to get my emails - as my iPhone stopped fetching emails about 5 months ago and i would have to check all 4 of my accounts manually throughout the day. a real PITA and waste of battery. what a difference between the two phones.

i really wanted to like my iphone - and in some ways i did, but between att svc, and perpetually checking my email, it was quite difficult. you would have to have owned and used an iphone to appreciate the subtle effectiveness of the phone, and it's very strong and detracting detriments i speak of. the iPhone does some things quite well, but it is NOT a business phone. the Storm is.

i'm so glad i am back on Verizon and with my fix of the crack... i'm a power user and the phone suits my needs in the absence of a Bold on Verizon.

Oh, and no crashes, or any other miscreant type behavior from my unit. the transitions seem slow, but i think that's just the animation needing to be sped up... not the phone lagging.
    11-22-08 12:49 AM
    I want one I want one I want one. Its disappointing to hear that they're basically sold out and I won't be able to get one till after Dec. 15.
    thats great!
    Honestly, the .65 OS isn't really that bad. The ONLY thing that really needs to be addressed is the camera. There is certainly a lag when you go to take a shot in the dark.

That's the only gripe.

The browser is fast and beautiful.

The enterprise push of course is top notch.

My god, the screen is so bright and crisp.

GET THIS PHONE.
    11-22-08 12:55 AM
    Yep, I love this phone too, best one I've ever owned.
    11-22-08 01:02 AM
    All I need now is that lovely little cradle to rest it next to my head while I sleep.
    11-22-08 01:03 AM
    i'm so grateful to be back on Verizon and even more glad to get my emails - as my iPhone stopped fetching emails about 5 months ago and i would have to check all 4 of my accounts manually throughout the day. a real PITA and waste of battery. what a difference between the two phones.

i really wanted to like my iphone - and in some ways i did, but between att svc, and perpetually checking my email, it was quite difficult. you would have to have owned and used an iphone to appreciate the subtle effectiveness of the phone, and it's very strong and detracting detriments i speak of. the iPhone does some things quite well, but it is NOT a business phone. the Storm is.
    I have the same saga. Went through 4 iPhones trying to discern if it was the phone or AT&T. Turned out it was both. I had to walk into the backyard for text messages, couldn't use the PHONE to talk in the house, and dropped 54% of my calls (yes, Apple has a diagnostic tool in the store to check that).

My iPhone also required manual checking of the email all day long (or hard resets all day long). It didn't ring randomly in 4 bar coverage areas. I'd be holding the phone in the middle of Disneyland, while my husband called me standing 3 feet away...phone didn't ring and told me I'd missed his call.

So...like you. SO excited to be back on Verizon. So happy the Storm is hear. I tried the Curve for the last 26 days, and the Storm came out just in the nick of (30 day) time.
    11-22-08 01:09 AM
    I want one I want one I want one. Its disappointing to hear that they're basically sold out and I won't be able to get one till after Dec. 15.
    Their not sold out. There is plenty of them. Verizon is downgrading all the OS's because of "security issues" thus the shortage.

You did read correctly when I wrote downgrading : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD