The switch in inevitable. My storm and my wife's curve (VZ curve on Alltel) will need to be switched back to Verizon in the NAM programming. What are the settings needed to do this?
    Thanks!
    05-28-09 10:27 PM
    To get customer service with a Verizon Storm, i'm gonna have to have it set up for Verizon, not Alltel. The switch letter came in the mail this weekend and our date is July 11. Can anyone do ##000000 and record the verizon specific settings for me?
    Thanks!
    06-07-09 11:47 PM
    ##000000 on the Curve and note down Home SID. The change Storm to match. Then switch device on Verizon's website under her account (activate ESN on her number). Then *228 on the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 11:51 PM
    Thanks for the help, but they are both verizon (curve and storm) activated on alltel.
    06-08-09 10:14 AM
    Where are you located? I wondered how fast the switch was happening in my area!
    06-08-09 05:04 PM
    Thanks for the help, but they are both verizon (curve and storm) activated on alltel.
    Oh, my bad. I misunderstood in thinking the Curve was already on Verizon and you wanted the Storm on there. Anyway, you may want to call VZW and ask them what the local Home SID is as I'm not 100% sure it's the same all over the place. You can try 1015, but I can't guarantee it'll work for you, but try it. If you change it to that and dial *228 and Verizon answers, you're good. If not, just set it back to what it was before and you're back to square one. Let us know how you make out.
    06-08-09 05:56 PM
    I located in East Texas between Dallas and Houston. Will Verizon give me the SID without having an account with them? Cause til July 11 I only have an AllTel acct number.

06-08-09 08:48 PM
    I located in East Texas between Dallas and Houston. Will Verizon give me the SID without having an account with them? Cause til July 11 I only have an AllTel acct number.

Dude, then you can't do anything until then. If you don't have a phone number that's on their system, then what you're tying to do won't work. Just wait until the 10th and call them.
    06-08-09 10:01 PM
    I know I dont HAVE to do anything til the 11th, but wanted to gather the info so I could that day. I prolly dont even have to then, but it is a verizon phone and i dont want to leave the alltel settings in there. As of now, I cant get customer support with alltel (and of course not with verizon) because its not an approved alltel phone. There is a glitch where ppl in our area cant send/recieve with at&t right now. Cant call and get help because of the storm on the account. Not whining, just ready for the switch to be over and wanting to be prepared as best i can for it.
    Thanks for all the help!
    06-09-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD