I have A Verizon Blackberry Storm and today I noticed that my alert settings dont alert the way i configure them.I will have my
    BB email set to Notifer soapbreak
    sms text set to Notifer cystal
    mms set to BBrelaxed lightchime

but when i get a email or sms it alerts the Notifer soapbreak. so I then go back in to the sound profile-->set ring/tones alerts and double check my settings and they are all as they should be, but the storm wont alert them correctly. I would have to reset my storm a few times for it to work properly and even then it only stays that way for a short while, then i have to reset again. Is anyone else having this issue. I am running the lastest OS 4.0.75. im considering returning my storm and get a Bold.
    01-10-09 03:27 AM
    This might be a dumb couple of questions but:

1. Are you changing the settings of the profile you are using?

and

2. Are you saving the changes before exiting?
    01-10-09 03:30 AM
    yes my active profile is Loud and all setting are the same, I double checked and even after reseting the phone and setting still the same, the storm still alerts wrong
    01-10-09 03:37 AM
    Sounds like software to me. I would take it back for another if you are not comfortable with messing with the software. I had issues with my first and my second is pure gold, running great on .85. I had a curve before and would never go back. Hope someone has more insight than me. Good luck.
    01-10-09 03:44 AM
    i have had .85 since it was leaked and this just started happening to me today... a couple bat pulls and i even changed the sms tone to somethign else and back and still playing wrong
    01-10-09 04:26 PM
    im having the same problem, only occasionally is the tone i set the actual tone that plays.
    01-10-09 08:25 PM
    Well I finally am done with the storm. As much as I love the phones potential its just to buggy and slow. My storm keeps giving wrong alerts sounds and when i text or email the corrective text is wrong alot of the time and so slow. the storm really slows me down.So I got the Bold today and i love it. I feel like a true BB user again.
    01-12-09 12:43 AM
    Well I finally am done with the storm. As much as I love the phones potential its just to buggy and slow. My storm keeps giving wrong alerts sounds and when i text or email the corrective text is wrong alot of the time and so slow. the storm really slows me down.So I got the Bold today and i love it. I feel like a true BB user again.
    Too bad, all you had to do to get around this temporary problem was to create a custom profile with the EXACT settings that you wanted instead of using the preinstalled profiles. If you search on the forum here under creating custom profiles, you will find tons where people explain exactly how to do this & why we do it. Enjoy your Bold though!
    01-12-09 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD