I know this is normal.. but i did the update for the Verizon and now the blackberry messenger and a bunch of the other apps aren't there. i have re registerd the service books and still nothing. what am i doing wrong.. do i need to do a wipe handheld or something.. help please
    09-28-09 07:27 PM
    If you've already resent your service books, Register your host routing table as well. Options>Advanced>Host Routing Table>BB Key> Register Now.

Do a quick battery pull and you should be up and running.

As for the BB Messenger, you may have lost it during the install. Registering the Host Routing Table will bring back the "push" apps, but any other apps (ie: BBM) can be reloaded by hooking up to DM and adding them manually through Add/Remove Applications.
    09-28-09 07:49 PM
    Yep, sounds like a great idea. And when in doubt, do a quick pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 07:53 PM
    I have done the host routing table, but how do �ou do the service books, I have a tour and I have way more than the storm.. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 09:25 PM
    09-28-09 09:27 PM
    What OS did you load? If it is 5.0 something then a few apps wont be available till you update them. What apps are you missing?
    09-28-09 09:41 PM
    I updated to v4.7.0.148
    09-29-09 07:24 AM
    I was told by Verizon to always delete old service books before re- sending new ones. Some time old service books get corrupted and have to be delete before re-sending
    09-29-09 08:03 AM
    Here is what I did.. I did a wipe handheld, and once booted back up plugged into a computer and reinstalled what I was missing. Now the Storm works great. Hope this helps other people. Later
    09-30-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD