My 9530 was converted to a BES today and I lost the power to get my Comcast e-mail. However, the IT policy is not strictly enforced and I was told that there are workarounds (potential application downloads) that will permit me to have both accounts on my berry. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    06-07-10 08:04 PM
    Get a gmail account and using your pc, set it up to read your comcast pop email account. You can also use gmail to send with your regular email addy. Then download and install the gmail app to your berry. It will download new messages every hour or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by trpldady; 06-08-10 at 04:13 AM.
    06-08-10 04:10 AM
    My bes bb is locked down to the point where I can not load any apps on it, so I carry two, storm for myself, the other for work.

Just be careful about IT policies that are not strictly enforced, would suck if they decided one day to start enforcing. Folks here say that a bes admin can see everything you do on a bes phone, there's some stuff I do on my storm I do not want the boss to see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 05:18 AM
    My 9530 was converted to a BES today and I lost the power to get my Comcast e-mail. However, the IT policy is not strictly enforced and I was told that there are workarounds (potential application downloads) that will permit me to have both accounts on my berry. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    I think your best and most reliable option would be to talk to the IT guy/department and let them know that the IT policy broke some of the reasonable functionality of your phone. There's no reason to block your email.

Worth a shot. See what they say.
    06-08-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD