Hey Guys,
    My 9530 got nuked last night, I think it got slightly wet in a rainstorm. I took the battery out let it dry out and all I got was an endless reboot cycle. I followed the steps to restore a nuked Blackberry by reinstalling the OS etc. After doing all of that, my Blackberry will NOT turn on. All I see is a flashing green light. I've tried the battery pull several times and each time it loads up, after "VERIFYING SECURITY SOFTWARE" it just turns off. The device shows up in Desktop Manager & Device Manager, I just can't get it to turn on. Even after plugging it into the electrical outlet. Just a perpetual flashing Green light. I have no idea what is going on, any of you have had this issue? Any steps on how to rectify it? Thanks!
    10-01-10 02:09 PM
    So no one can help me?
    10-01-10 03:21 PM
    try opening desktop manager and downgrading to 4.7 Os, boot up and see if you have any problems, then load 5.0. I was having problems with my 9530 and for some reason the only way it worked was to downgrade first. Make sure you back everything up first. If it was the same rain storm I was in last night it might still have moisture in it, you could try letting it sit overnight in a bag of rice. If nothing else works check and see if the water indicators changed on the battery, you could get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 04:17 PM
    try opening desktop manager and downgrading to 4.7 Os, boot up and see if you have any problems, then load 5.0. I was having problems with my 9530 and for some reason the only way it worked was to downgrade first. Make sure you back everything up first. If it was the same rain storm I was in last night it might still have moisture in it, you could try letting it sit overnight in a bag of rice. If nothing else works check and see if the water indicators changed on the battery, you could get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I downgraded and everytime I try to re-upgrade to 5.0 it gets to reconnecting JVM then it says it's not connected, reboot device etc. It's really frustrating I've been having this issue all day. Im a noob, I can't tell if I have water damage. Im trying to post a pic of my battery but I need more posts I guess.

The Battery looks fine, the indicator looks like it did days ago. No change
    10-01-10 07:14 PM
    All I did for my nuked Storm was first install the USB software for blackberry from their site (since my phone was not being recognized at all). After this I made sure my os (797) was installed on my computer, ran Shrink-A-OS, took out whatever was not needed, and then installed the OS with no problems. The USB software will force your computer to detect a blackberry device, just not your pin and actual device. This should work, and if not keep us posted and we will try to help!
    10-01-10 10:20 PM
    Thanks for your responses guys. I left my Storm in a bag of rice overnight as instructed, I put the battery back in and it won't turn on now, all I see is a solid green light. I'm this close to throwing my BB against a wall out of anger.
    It refuses to turn on, even when plugged into my PC.
    10-02-10 09:54 AM
    So I reinstalled the OS but it only works with 4.7.0.65, all of the other upgrades won't work.
    BB 5 won't install either.
    10-02-10 10:31 AM
    well what u need is to wipe the device with bbsak then once it reboots it will have no Os. run the apploader and load the newest Os 5.xx if you can only see your phone restarting then it might be bricked if briked you need to look up how to unbrick it ...... save apps and data before doing ANYTHING !
    10-02-10 11:15 AM
    well what u need is to wipe the device with bbsak then once it reboots it will have no Os. run the apploader and load the newest Os 5.xx if you can only see your phone restarting then it might be bricked if briked you need to look up how to unbrick it ...... save apps and data before doing ANYTHING !
    What does bricked mean? As I said Im a totally noob when it comes to the terminology.
    Brick=Nuked?
    Last edited by CyberKitti; 10-02-10 at 11:27 AM.
    10-02-10 11:21 AM
    Yes, bricked basically means nuked.

Do as suggested, wipe your phone with BBsak or Jlcmder. You can fined these by doing a search. Once the phone is wiped you should see a 507 error on the screen. This means that there is no OS on the phone and you should be ready to reload a new OS.

Remove any OS's not desired from your computer. Be sure the Os you want to install is loaded on to your computer. Then on your computer go to:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

and delete the Vendor file. It should near the bottom of the list. Then go back up the list, remaining in AppLoader and double click on Loader.exe. The Os found on your computer should now load.

Do not use DM for this process and be sure DM is closed.
    10-02-10 01:18 PM
    Yes, bricked basically means nuked.

Do as suggested, wipe your phone with BBsak or Jlcmder. You can fined these by doing a search. Once the phone is wiped you should see a 507 error on the screen. This means that there is no OS on the phone and you should be ready to reload a new OS.

Remove any OS's not desired from your computer. Be sure the Os you want to install is loaded on to your computer. Then on your computer go to:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

and delete the Vendor file. It should near the bottom of the list. Then go back up the list, remaining in AppLoader and double click on Loader.exe. The Os found on your computer should now load.

Do not use DM for this process and be sure DM is closed.
    I tried using JL_Cmder but it won't open on my computer. It says "cannpt find specified path". Im using Windows Vista. Im so frustrated, the phone won't instal OS 5, the only OS that works is 4.7.0.65, each time I try to upload OS 5 it gets to 'connecting to JVM" then it just gives me an error, saying reconnect

I deleted the vendor file like you suggested, then when I try to use the apploader>Loader it says "Blackberry desktop software does not have the files for the device you have connected, call your Wireless service provider or system administrator"
    Im still stuck @ Square one. Blackberry Device manager recognizes my BB and The Desktop Software has my bb connected, I dont understand what the problem is.

Last edited by CyberKitti; 10-02-10 at 02:12 PM.
    10-02-10 01:44 PM
    What OS have you installed on your computer? It sounds like you may not have the correct OS for a 9530.

Here are some idea's for getting jl_Cmder to run. I am using it with Vista, but on a 32bit machine. I have used it on my 64bit machine also. don't give up, you will get it to work.

JL_Cmder Won't Work - Smartphone Forums
    10-02-10 04:12 PM
    Here is another thread that may help to get jl_cmder working. Scroll down about four or five posts and one of them talks about right clicking and then checking the compatibility box.

how to use jl_cmnder - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    10-02-10 04:17 PM
    What OS have you installed on your computer? It sounds like you may not have the correct OS for a 9530.

Here are some idea's for getting jl_Cmder to run. I am using it with Vista, but on a 32bit machine. I have used it on my 64bit machine also. don't give up, you will get it to work.

[
    I have BB 5 installed on my computer. I downloaded it directly from the site.
    Im using Windows Vista 32 Bit as well.
    The problem is, the only OS that seems to work with my phone now is 4.7.0.65, everytime I try to install any others it won't work. I try to install BB 5 and when it gets to "reconnecting to JVM" it says my BB is not connected to the computer click retry. I hate having to run around with an outdated OS on my BB but I guess that's what I have to do now if the problem persists. Thanks for your feedback guys, keep it coming!
    10-02-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD