My Storm 9530 will only work with USB wire plugged in. Unplugging USB makes the screen go Blank/Black and will not respond within a couple seconds. Sometimes it takes a minute. Any ideas? The storm will work fine if I keep it plugged in to the computer. Maybe a weak solder joint? I just did an OS reload no problem. I also have another storm, also on AT&T, so I'm not new to the Storm.

Edit: It will boot on battery power just fine. It will blank out right after it boots up though.
    Second Edit: It will work on battery just fine as long as its playing music??
    Last edited by DJGonzo; 04-12-10 at 07:46 PM.
    04-12-10 07:39 PM
    What are your "Backlight Timeout" settings under Options - Screen/Keyboard?
    04-14-10 02:48 PM
    Im checking right now how ever it is weird because sometimes it will work for hours until I pull the battery. Sometimes it will stop working when it finishes booting. Maybe a radio problem?
    04-20-10 04:12 PM
    I just set it to 2 minutes (it was on 30) and after like 20 seconds it did the same thing again. It looks like the power to the lcd screen ends abruptly (like when you pull the battery from a game boy or pull the power cord form an lcd monitor).

The screen stays lit but nothing in it. Just black.
    04-20-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD