Added a theme to my bb storm and it messed it up and the power button does not work. The only way it turns on is to do a battery pull. However, after the phone loads up and does the security check, it turns it self off.

Please help

Note: Removed theme, wiped phone and loaded several OS but problem still occurs. Don't know what else to do
    10-14-09 09:19 AM
    When you restored did you restore the theme? What OS are you running? What was the theme? Have you recently installed any other apps that might be conflicting? Did you us BBSAK or just the handheld wipe?
    10-14-09 09:43 AM
    I had the same problem with my phone, it was a hardware problem. Verizon did a free replacement.
    10-14-09 10:05 AM
    Yes. It would definitely have to be hardware related. I think it was just a coincidence that you downloaded and installed that theme at the same time.
    10-14-09 10:09 AM
    Did not restore it with the theme or any 3rd party apps, only defaults apps that come with the OS are now on the phone. I tried OS 4.7.0.141, .151, .167, was working perfectly fine with all the mention OS until I installed these themes:

ALX_Hidden_Dark_8
    ALX_Hidden_Light_8

I used BBSAK 1.5 to wipe phone
    10-14-09 10:18 AM
    Where did you download the themes from?>
    10-14-09 10:31 AM
    If you did a BBSAK wipe, then reinstalled your OS, the old themes that you think are causing you an issue are gone - so they won't be causing you the problem.

If you're still getting the problem after a BBSAK wipe, it does sound like a hardware issue. I must admit, I did have a similar issue after cleaning my screen - I must have inadvertantly got some cleaner in the phone! But having taken the phone apart and let it dry, it was fine!
    10-14-09 10:35 AM
    Downloaded the themes from:
    bbsgame.mobi

Further info:

After installing the theme the first time, I was getting a bunch of error messages, so I removed it. Then when installing it again, that's when the phone went blank and wont turn on.
    (Don't know why I tried to re-install it seeing that it was causing problems)
    10-14-09 11:05 AM
    Just loaded OS 5.0.0230, phone is on now but power button still does not work
    it tries to turn itself off but I clicked button to abort turning off
    10-14-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD