I have a serious issue that happens about every other day with the touchscreen. Basically what happens is that when I touch an application for it to open it senses wrongly that I'm pressing somewhere else, like the Clock, Manage Connections or Sounds that are on top of the screen.

The only way I can get rid of this is by removing the battery to reset the phone. This is becoming very annoying as it is happening more frequently, specially in the morning when I leave the phone charging. Please help.
    07-17-10 08:50 PM
    I was having the same problem with my Storm 2. I noticed that my touch screen was off balance. I could see that it was sort of "sinking" in one corner. I took it to the Verizon store and they immediately acknowledged that there was a problem with the phone and replaced it for free under warranty. I just activated my new one today and it feels so great to have a phone that works properly (although it was a pain to have to spend hours setting the new phone up the way I had my old one). I highly recommend (if you haven't done so already) that you install the disk that came with your phone on your computer and back up everything on your phone now, before the issue gets worse and the phone loses all functionality. If you can't get the phone replaced under warranty, then hopefully you have insurance on it and they will replace it, but try the warranty option first since that is free and insurance requires a deductible.
    07-17-10 09:31 PM
    I have a similar issue. I believe it to be temperature related. When its hot out and I talk on it the screen gets heated up and takes several minutes away from my body to start working correctly again.
    07-20-10 08:28 AM
    My 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried endless battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, screen cleanings, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. Have not yet messed with TORX adjustment screws, nor wiped and reinstalled everything. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I have two pieces of paper under the battery. Am out of warranty. I wonder how one adjusts the digitizer? BTW - I know how to use the storm; it's the same house with the same humidity with the same fingers (tips, edges, hot cold, dry, etc) --something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    Last edited by lucky1thanx; 01-28-11 at 01:08 PM.
    01-28-11 12:24 PM
    my 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I know how to use the storm, something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    Exactly what I did 6 months ago. Love my X. Just wish email worked better/faster on Android. Everything else I used on BB, I eventually found good replacments for.
    01-28-11 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD