Every hour or so my Storm goes thorough this stage where it thinks I'm pressing the top of the screen when I'm really not. For instance, I exit to the main screen and click my BBM which is located on the bottom row of the dock. However, my Storm thinks I'm really really pressing the top of the screen and either opens up the clock, the manage connections screen, or my profiles (depending on where I'm clicking on the screen. If I click on the right it opens the manage connections and so on). This makes it very difficult to do anything. I can hardly even make calls for a ten minute span because it thinks I'm pressing the top of the screen. If I go from portrait to landscape, it still thinks I'm pressing wherever the top of the screen has gone (left or right extremes). Even if I shut my phone off and power it back on the problem continues. Any suggestions or solutions from people who have had this problem prior? Thanks
    06-24-10 10:25 PM
    This happens to me all the time when I have my storm in a hardcase or if the room I'm in is very humid. Taking it out of the case usually resolves it. If its happening due to humidity I just lock the screen and rub the screen vigorously on KY shirt or jeans... Sometimes it works sometimes not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 10:41 PM
    Yeah humidity makes my screen all kinds of crazy. Much like you describe. If I walk outside on the porch my BB is useless for a few minutes due to the humidity

06-24-10 11:41 PM
    Mine was doing that last night at work. I did a battery pull and then it was fine. It was very hot and humid here.
    06-25-10 05:49 AM
    it happens to me to with the humidity. a battery pull fixes the problem
    06-25-10 07:12 AM
    I don't do a batt pull, I just clean the screen. Don't worry you are not alone with that problem. Its just the nature of the beast with touch screens.

06-26-10 09:34 AM
    Yeah that's started happening to me a batt pull fixes it but gets to be a pain. I've found if you soft hold the top usually where the clock is for me, then use another finger to select on the screen it will work.

06-27-10 12:05 AM
    I don't do a batt pull, I just clean the screen. Don't worry you are not alone with that problem. Its just the nature of the beast with touch screens.

Nah, this is BB-specific. And it's terrible if you really need to use the phone for anything.
    06-27-10 05:47 PM
    Ya it's a pain for sure! Would putting a screen protector on help this issue? I think with it being a plastic film it would be harder to "fog over" with humidity....

Any experience out there?
    06-30-10 09:58 PM
    I used to encounter this problem fairly often with my 9530. The screen would get all wonky and no matter where I touched the screen it would highlight areas in the upper corners. Seemed to happen when it was humid or when the screen had a little moisture on it. Only things that worked for me were to either wait it out or pull the battery.

06-30-10 10:32 PM
    this makes me feel so better because i sure thought i was the only one that had this problem...makes me feel better that other people are experiencing this. I have a screen protector on my
    06-30-10 10:43 PM
    this makes me feel so better because i sure thought i was the only one that had this problem...makes me feel better that other people are experiencing this. I have a screen protector on my
    I used a screen protector for most of the 18 months I had my 9530 and had the problem often enough.

06-30-10 10:51 PM
    I get it all the time too. I don't ever do a battery pull as it just takes time for it to cool down is all. I think that doing a battery pull is probably just the amount of time it actually takes to get rid of some of the humidity.
    06-30-10 11:45 PM
    Went to Verizon and got the "that's the first I've heard of that problem"......yeah right.
    Talked to a 611 tech and he said it happens to his Storm all the time. The nature of the beast..............until July 15th
    07-01-10 10:26 AM
    Haha this happens to my phone too! I've been suffering for the last 3 months. I can't press certain letters on my phone in both landscape and portrait mode because I have a couple "dead spots." So I have to constantly switch it back and forth to select certain letters...I know it's rough but my upgrade is coming soon so I'm just toughing it!!
    07-01-10 02:20 PM
    Yeah humidity makes my screen all kinds of crazy. Much like you describe. If I walk outside on the porch my BB is useless for a few minutes due to the humidity

Same here, The touchscreen on the BB Storm sucks.
    07-01-10 07:45 PM
    my 9530's screen is becoming more and more unresponsive...tried battery pulls, new (and no) screen protector, changing sensitivities, new battery...nothing works. Have not yet messed with TORX adjustment screws, nor wiped and reinstalled everything. I press one area and get another area selected - or lots of things selected. scrolling is all but impossible. I am not touching two places at once, though it acts like I am. I have two pieces of paper under the battery. Am out of warranty. I wonder how one adjusts the digitizer? BTW - I know how to use the storm, something changed. it sucks. Verizon user about to get Droid X.
    01-28-11 12:41 PM
    I have a replacement storm and it no longer does it. I think the digitizer just gets wore after a year or so. That's when my first one started doing it. On the replacement it doesn't matter if its humid, hot, or cold.

01-29-11 01:33 PM
    they still give out replacement for the original storms ?
    i'd figure they would give you the storm 2 or an other blackberry but that ...
    01-29-11 02:24 PM
    Hahaha yep. Just got it like two months ago. Original took a bath. The first replacement they sent was junk and I'm using the second one now. I think they have plenty of refurbished storms cuz they were so bad in the beginning. I have heard if you cry a lot they will send a S2 but I don't know if that's is really true.

01-29-11 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD