Okay, I've searched the entire forum and I guess I'm the first to have this happen to their Storm. I pulled it out of my pocket this morning and after a full nite's charge, the battery was dead. My first thought was that it became unlocked and was in some battery-intensive mode in my pocket that killed the battery.

I got home tonight and recharged the battery and when the phone came on, instead of the normal screen, I got a light blue background with tiny pixels of blue and red scattered on the entire screen like some crazy Monet French-impressionist painting!

I plugged it into my computer and much to my surprise, the phone synched and even picked up on some phone number changes I made the day before. So I decided to wipe the phone and reinstall OS version 75 (I tried upgrading to the unauthorized new versions that float around this site awhile back and went back to 75 because of major problems ). The installation went without a hitch, however I still have that crazy "Monet" screen and the phone does not work (calling it goes directly to voicemail).

A call to Verizon has them sending me a replacement phone, but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem? I could not find the thread if there has been.
    01-28-09 05:00 AM
    I've seen that screen acouple times before but a battery pull seemed to fix it for me. May just be me but I think it was both times my memory got low.

Sucks about the trouble but at least they are sending you a new one. Maybe you should keep the OS it comes installed with =D
    01-28-09 05:27 AM
    Had your face looked like Monet�s "Scream" as you found your Storm nuked???

Sorry for that... Hope you get it fixed...
    01-28-09 07:47 AM
    Had your face looked like Monet�s "Scream" as you found your Storm nuked???

Not that it matters, and I'm no art major, but the "Scream" painting I think you're referring to was done by Edvard Munch... not Monet.

03-20-09 07:55 PM
    ok, I have to ask, what is the "Monet" screen?
    03-20-09 09:18 PM
    Thank you I have the same question
    03-20-09 09:25 PM
    I believe the poster wasn't actually referring to a work of art appearing on his screen. Monet did paintings that often appeared jumbled and weird. The "monet" screen is where pixels of different colours appear randomly on the screen. It is usually fixed with a battery pull, but in this case would seem to indicate a burned phone. This could be due to a faulty processor or some other serious malfunction of the hardware etc.
    03-21-09 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD