My storm keeps dropping the data service and requires me to reboot the
    phone. It does come back after rebooting, just wondering if this might
    be a phone issue or a verizon issue? It is a refurb from Asurion, don't
    know if that makes a difference or not. Wondering how I should address
    it?
    06-29-09 03:05 PM
    What OS is installed? Have you upgraded? Whats the file free at?
    06-29-09 03:07 PM
    If you're running the .148 radio,... this occurs in certain phones. You'd probably be better off switching the radio to .132
    06-29-09 03:09 PM
    I did exactly what taterfry is talking about and have not had any more issues. with losing data and rebooting to get it back.

If you're running the .148 radio,... this occurs in certain phones. You'd probably be better off switching the radio to .132
    06-29-09 03:16 PM
    It is running v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181)
    Free space 29.6mb (but I did just reboot it to get the data back)

This is the 3rd time in a few days. Normally in the morning its off
    before I use it. I noticed my e-mails don't show up; which is why
    I noticed it via senting a test message.
    06-29-09 03:18 PM
    Try this...

Originally posted by JRSCCivic98 regarding 1EVX vs 1evx:

The solutions to this are to make sure you're on the latest OS update for your phone, but most importantly that you're on the

latest PRL for the network you're on. For Verizon, dial *22899 and wait for the provision update to complete. If you dial

#HELP* Send before and after and look at the PRL version you'll be able to see if the version number changed. The PRL is what

drives the phone radio's ability to connect to the cell towers for service and it's something that changes almost on a monthly

basis. Keep it up to date.
    06-29-09 03:20 PM
    I don't even use the BlackBerry internet I use the Opera Mini 4 it works 100% better. Hope this works for you
    06-29-09 03:26 PM
    Ok, just did that.. Said, Activation Successful.
    Last edited by int13h; 06-29-09 at 03:34 PM.
    06-29-09 03:27 PM

I have seen this multiple times about a .148 radio and that it should be changed what is this exactly and how would I do that?
    06-29-09 03:27 PM
    See Lyricidal's Swap-A-Radio

BlackBerry Apps/Hybrids by lyricidal

obviously use at your own risk. Backup, backup...
    06-29-09 04:44 PM
    Question re Swap-A-Radio. Does this require a complete update or can it install just the new radio file? Thanks!
    06-29-09 05:17 PM
    It swaps out the radio file in your (pc) currently loaded Storm OS, then you have to use loader to reload the OS to your phone... So I guess it's a complete update.

If you were wanting to further help your system app memory, use swap-a-radio, then use Shrink-A-OS to remove all the features you don't need or want to use.

Then load and enjoy your new phone. I am running a hybrid .148/.151/5.0.0.100 using the .132 radio (oops, I already said that in my sig line)

PS: Backup phone, and then backup all 3rd party apps!
    Last edited by CrackBurglar; 06-29-09 at 06:51 PM.
    06-29-09 06:48 PM
    My storm dropped services again this morning. It seems to only do this when I
    goto sleep and in the morning I must reset it. I dropped by verizon and they
    said it shouldn't do that. Do you think this is software or something wrong
    with the phone and should be replaced?

int13h :0)
    06-30-09 10:41 PM
    Happens to me too. It goes out and comes on randomly no matter how much or little service i have. I just did the activation and hopefully that will help next im gonna change the radio (Currently using .148), and see if that fixes anything
    06-30-09 11:08 PM
    I did the *22 thing yesterday and verizon did it today. But, it still did it this morning after I did activation successful yesterday. Humm
    06-30-09 11:22 PM
    remove the sim and/or try selecting 1xev only under manage connecions - mobile network options
    06-30-09 11:43 PM
    Or you can just go to manage connections turn off the data plan then turn it back on
    07-01-09 12:11 AM
    It swaps out the radio file in your (pc) currently loaded Storm OS, then you have to use loader to reload the OS to your phone... So I guess it's a complete update.

If you were wanting to further help your system app memory, use swap-a-radio, then use Shrink-A-OS to remove all the features you don't need or want to use.

Then load and enjoy your new phone. I am running a hybrid .148/.151/5.0.0.100 using the .132 radio (oops, I already said that in my sig line)

PS: Backup phone, and then backup all 3rd party apps!
    I'm running the exact same setup +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 12:17 AM
    Well, it didn't shut off today. Verizon did the *22 yesterday from a different location? Not sure, but I didn't encouter the same issue this morning. I really didn't want to send the phone back again; but so far so good.
    07-01-09 11:53 AM
    I am having the same problem int13h!

I too have a replacement phone from Asurion and it always sits at 1X...

I have to do a battery pull to get it to jump back to 1XEV...

when i setup my replacement i did the *22899 bit, and everything!

I think this is the problem with the OS, and will take it back to Verizon.

BK
    07-01-09 12:24 PM
    Verizon just pointed me back at Asurion. They said, if you want to replace the phone
    then you need to contact them. I'm starting to think it is a O/S error why else would
    others be encountering the same issue all so recently?
    07-01-09 01:17 PM
    The solution is in Taterfry's post on the previous page. I had the problem and it was really bad. Never used a hybrid before but Lyricidal's "Swap-A-Radio" turned out to be a great fix!!! Problem is now gone and forgotten!!! (Used .132 radio.) Find it by navving to this page and clicking the link entitled "Blackbery Apps/Hybrids by Lyricidal" in his sig.
    07-01-09 02:49 PM
    I'm having this same problem and it seems to be getting worse. the last few days it only works for about 5 minutes after a battery pull then i lose data. I'm also on .148 and have been since it leaked. i've only been running into this problem for about a week. doesn't seem like it's the OS
    07-01-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD