Hey guys...

So Ive been with my storm for a week now... and my question is simple.

Is the storm ready for Bell network change next year... so theyll be swithcning to 4g... and the salesman told me that it would be the only phone that would be ready for the new network use..... any thoughts on that????

oh and please tell me that is true....

THANKS!

P.s. Im asking the question since on the back f my phone it says QUALCOMM CDMA 3G... (i dont even know if thats important)
    07-01-09 12:49 PM
    nope. they wont be shutting down their 3g network for a while i hope, so if/when they do launch their 4g one the storm will still work, but no, the storm doesn't have a 4g radio in it.
    07-01-09 12:55 PM
    I would think anyone shutting down any 3G network anytime soon is very unlikely.
    07-01-09 12:56 PM
    first, is the new network going to be 4g?

he told me about hsdpa
    07-01-09 01:07 PM
    Yes 4g just stands for ther 4th generation of the network it is hsdpa for Cdma carriers like verizon, bell, ect. But for gsm like tmobile and att it is going to be 4g But it is LTE
    07-01-09 01:26 PM
    Uh Verizon is going to LTE...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 01:40 PM
    Actually, the storm 9530 for CDMA networks has HSDPA functionality already built in but storm 9500 for GSM does not.

07-01-09 02:36 PM
    Ok clear this up HSDPA is NOT 4g it is 3g see:High-Speed Downlink Packet Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LTE will be 4g see: 4G Wireless Evolution Conference

Oh and the STORM IS NOT A 4G Device
    Last edited by spaciorek; 07-01-09 at 03:17 PM.
    07-01-09 03:05 PM
    Actually, the storm 9530 for CDMA networks has HSDPA functionality already built in but storm 9500 for GSM does not.

So according to you, ill be able to use my phone on the new HSPDA network? (ive also heard about 3,5G)

can anyone confirm?

thanks!
    07-01-09 03:54 PM
    So according to you, ill be able to use my phone on the new HSPDA network? (ive also heard about 3,5G)

can anyone confirm?

thanks!
    NO HSPDA is for the GSM radio

See Sepcs:
    Network Support: Dual–band 800/1900 MHz CDMA/EV–DO Rev. A networks;
    Quad–Band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks Single–Band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks
    07-01-09 03:57 PM

WRONG SEE Specs:
    Network Support: Dual�band 800/1900 MHz CDMA/EV�DO Rev. A networks; Quad�Band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks Single�Band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks
    07-01-09 03:59 PM
    if these are the specs.... i guess i can use that if bell switches to hspda....

sorry, i dont get youre point
    07-01-09 03:59 PM
    if these are the specs.... i guess i can use that if bell switches to hspda....

sorry, i dont get youre point
    HSDPA IS NOT 4G. It is 3.5g at best.
    The 9530 HSDPA IS on the GSM radio side not the cdma side.
    07-01-09 04:02 PM
    Ok clear this up HSDPA is NOT 4g it is 3g see:High-Speed Downlink Packet Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LTE will be 4g see: 4G Wireless Evolution Conference

Oh and the STORM IS NOT A 4G Device
    This is correct. 4G is LTE/WiMax but even the term "4G" is a loose term. Sprint or Verizon will be ready before Bell is.
    07-01-09 04:02 PM
    ok.... i understand
    and how faster are hspda or 4g compared to 1XEV?
    07-01-09 04:04 PM
    This is correct. 4G is LTE/WiMax but even the term "4G" is a loose term. Sprint or Verizon will be ready before Bell is.
    True reminds me of the 3G vs !XEV posts.....
    07-01-09 04:05 PM
    No offense to you or anyone else on here but its called using the search button on here. No you won't be able to use your phone on hspa network when bell launches it. The storm that you and I have does not have the north American band for it only Europe. The speed on 4G is a lot faster than the 3G evdo that we use. Once again if you want to know just use wikipedia.

ok.... i understand
    and how faster are hspda or 4g compared to 1XEV?
    07-01-09 04:14 PM
    No offense to you or anyone else on here but its called using the search button on here. No you won't be able to use your phone on hspa network when bell launches it. The storm that you and I have does not have the north American band for it only Europe. The speed on 4G is a lot faster than the 3G evdo that we use. Once again if you want to know just use wikipedia.

Could not have said better. I tried but you put it right to the point
    07-01-09 04:16 PM
    I hate noobs. The probably still get spoon fed at home and they want the same on here. jeez. Its called reading and searching that's one of the best ways you learn things. Oh and bell will be bought out by telus after the new network is launched. Bell is really hurting up here lol. Look at the financial posts of telus and bell and well you will understand why they are. Can't wait to have home phone and internet here in toronto from Telus!

07-01-09 04:21 PM
    OK, fine.... i guess you guys are the Great Masters.... you i have tried understanding that Wiki article before even thinking about posting here.... and if we cant post those questions , why the **** are they any forums.... just so you can talk about how you hate noobs...

come on guys, this is ridiculous
    I have tried googling all the info here, but i figured asking the berry users or experts would give me a much clearer answer...

now no offense, but that lil "i hate noobs" thnig was completly useless.

and thanks for the info
    07-01-09 04:26 PM
    oh and yeah my mom still wipes my ****
    07-01-09 04:27 PM
    I hate noobs. The probably still get spoon fed at home and they want the same on here. jeez. Its called reading and searching that's one of the best ways you learn things. Oh and bell will be bought out by telus after the new network is launched. Bell is really hurting up here lol. Look at the financial posts of telus and bell and well you will understand why they are. Can't wait to have home phone and internet here in toronto from Telus!

i doubt it .. bell just bought virgin mobile.
    07-01-09 04:33 PM
    and noobs dont get 2 college degrees
    07-01-09 04:36 PM
    GOD i took it personal.... hahahah

alright im not angry anymore,
    ive learned that some people dont get things right on forums....

good day to you guys
    07-01-09 04:38 PM

Im here in Niagara area (st catharines) and would love to get telus internet (maybe home phone too)
    07-01-09 05:31 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD