05-19-09 08:49 AM
    Hmm, Interesting. Although Ill still be a proud Tour User. But also, a Storm 2 Owner
    05-19-09 08:54 AM
    Not a chance.

The Pics that were on the front page of this site were removed. If it were to be released there would be a lot more information out there. Look at the Tour, and where is it.

I think it will be sooner than most think, but not until later this year, say November.
    05-19-09 08:54 AM
    hmmm if this is true.. i may just hold off on getting the pre and stick with the storm 2
    05-19-09 08:56 AM
    Not a chance.

The Pics that were on the front page of this site were removed. If it were to be released there would be a lot more information out there. Look at the Tour, and where is it.

I think it will be sooner than most think, but not until later this year, say November.
    Hey Bud! I was reading your Sig and came to a decision. You said Storm 2 or Tour 9630? ..........................If you do a little overtime, you can enjoy BOTH of these phones
    05-19-09 08:57 AM
    I'm getting the Storm 2 fa sho!
    05-19-09 08:57 AM
    I don't know about other people but i'm pissed if this is true. I dropped a lot of money to own the Storm and now 8 months later they would replace it with all new hardware??

Remember the fallout with the IPhone when the 3G version came out and that was a full year later.

This is way worse in my opinion, namely because the Storm (Verizon User) hasn't had an OS Update in 6 months, and .75 is a joke. At least with the IPhone the software for the most part was running smoothly.
    05-19-09 09:04 AM
    Here is something to think about. When we started getting leaks about the first storm it was 2 to 3 months later that it was released. If this one followed the same path then it could be quicker but I would be EXTREMELY surprised if it happens before October.
    05-19-09 09:14 AM
    I HATE YOU VERIZON NOW I AM STUCK WITH THIS PIECE OF **** STORM 1 FOR 22 MONTHS

SERIOUSLY WHAT.. THE... ****

I am going to call them everyday and DEMAND an upgrade. this is complete and utter bull****.

/rant.
    05-19-09 09:16 AM
    The Storm2 looks HUGE!
    05-19-09 09:20 AM
    not a chance this is true. has "verizon rep" written all over it. how long was it again after the 1st storm got leaked until we actually got it? if you think RIM and Verizon are fast, u haven't been part of these forums for very long.
    05-19-09 09:23 AM
    The Storm2 looks HUGE!
    Looks like the same dimensions as the current one to me. Maybe a little thinner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:24 AM

I am going to call them everyday and DEMAND an upgrade. this is complete and utter bull****.

/rant.
    If you are that unhappy with the phone, why didn't you trade it up for something different within the first 30 days? 30 days is plenty of time to decide whether or not you like a phone. Also, you don't have to wait 2 years to upgrade... you are eligible for early upgrades at certain points with Verizon, too. Think about it... by the time your early upgrade rolls around, the new one will have been out a couple of months, and you will have some honest feedback from others as to whether or not it's worth it anyway.
    05-19-09 09:25 AM

/rant.
    Good luck with that.

This is what I think is happening: This is going to be branded as, wait for it, the STORM! They are not calling it the Storm 2, they are not going to advertise it as a brand new Storm, but as an "improved Storm"...if they advertise it at all. If you look at the pics, the Storm 2 doesnt look much different in the least. Maybe thinner, new touch buttons, and some rubber on the side. Not much at all! The OS is EXACTLY the same from the pictures, it'll just be 5.0. I think they will sell this for the same price as the Storm now, and let us current Storm owners trade in for $200 even without an upgrade. VZW/RIM know they screwed up and this is their band-aid. A slightly updated Storm...that will almost 100% still have "SurePress" click screen. (That last part is just a guess, but if you look at the screen, it still has the gaps for the depress motion).

What say you to my prediction? Yes? No? Am I crazy? lol This thing IS going to launch sooner than we think...but I am still gonna buy a Tour. Now I just gotta make sure the buyer I have lined up for my current Storm doesnt find out about the Storm 2 lol
    Palm Pre June 6th = no more Storm for me. It was a rollercoaster 7 months but this phone will never live up to my expectations for a mobile browser.
    05-19-09 09:26 AM
    Looks like the same dimensions as the current one to me. Maybe a little thinner.

I think so, too. It definitely looks a little thinner. As I stated in another speculation thread, I think the bottom buttons being "incorporated into the screen" creates the illusion of a longer phone, but it is probably the same length as the first. I'm sure the viewing size of the screen is the same.
    05-19-09 09:27 AM
    This is what I think is happening: This is going to be branded as, wait for it, the STORM! They are not calling it the Storm 2, they are not going to advertise it as a brand new Storm, but as an "improved Storm"...if they advertise it at all. If you look at the pics, the Storm 2 doesnt look much different in the least. Maybe thinner, new touch buttons, and some rubber on the side. Not much at all! The OS is EXACTLY the same from the pictures, it'll just be 5.0. I think they will sell this for the same price as the Storm now, and let us current Storm owners trade in for $200 even without an upgrade. VZW/RIM know they screwed up and this is their band-aid. A slightly updated Storm...that will almost 100% still have "SurePress" click screen. (That last part is just a guess, but if you look at the screen, it still has the gaps for the depress motion).

What say you to my prediction? Yes? No? Am I crazy? lol This thing IS going to launch sooner than we think...but I am still gonna buy a Tour. Now I just gotta make sure the buyer I have lined up for my current Storm doesnt find out about the Storm 2 lol
    I totally agree, which is why I would NOT be surprised to see this come out within a couple months. I believe most of it is a carry-over from the Storm 1, and it will NOT be marketed as anything but a Storm. Still going to buy it......
    05-19-09 09:29 AM
    It will not release before the Tour. Should be this year. Storm 2 feels better in hand then Storm 1. Real thin, new battery door is cool and has new OS.
    you have played with it?
    05-19-09 09:30 AM
    I totally agree, which is why I would NOT be surprised to see this come out within a couple months. I believe most of it is a carry-over from the Storm 1, and it will NOT be marketed as anything but a Storm. Still going to buy it......
    Yeah. They are going to release this "updated" Storm soon, like really soon, and roll out 5.0 for ALL Storm owners. Most Storm owners wont know there is a new Storm out lol
    05-19-09 09:31 AM
    Everytime I mention this as a possibility everyone blasts me. Ive been saying for months now that Ill be surprised if we see an official OS update for the Storm 1, and that it may be Verizons plan to get us all to upgrade to the Storm 2, so that they dont need to support 2 platforms.

I dont know when the Storm 2 will be released, but I bet that when it is all of the focus will be on the Storm 2.
    05-19-09 09:32 AM
    It will not release before the Tour. Should be this year. Storm 2 feels better in hand then Storm 1. Real thin, new battery door is cool and has new OS.
    wait, what?!?
    05-19-09 09:32 AM
    Storm 2 sound very tempting to me but I'm not going to do anything until i see my fellow crackheads say good things about it.
    05-19-09 09:34 AM
    I activated VZW service with a Storm last month on the 24th from BestBuy. I also signed up for the protection plan that gives me a replacement even if i drop it in the tub or something completely my fault. Obviously, i am not going to damage my phone on purpose, but i wonder if i will get the Storm 2 if my "Storm 1" fails after #2 is released.

If not, i am kinda bummed out i got the Storm a few months before the Storm 2 comes out. Oh well ... i will just keep an eye on the Hybrid OS's. (c;
    05-19-09 09:34 AM
    1. I see no sign whatsoever of WIFI. The indicator is not shown on any picture.

2. Camera appears to be same.

3. If WIFI is included on a VZW Storm (II) with the same basic hardware and form factor, it would be conclusive, imho only, that it was a terrible oversight not to have it on the original.

4. Remember, it is still all about the software - - and it is another blind leap of faith to assume that they will have it right by launch. I for one am not willing to take that leap. Until .132 leaked out, for the first 6 months I owned the Storm, it was just not a great device. It is still somewhat buggy - -but now acceptable (maybe a 7.5 out of 10) . Like many of my fellow berry heads have learned to do with the leaks, I will wait this one out a bit and see what the consesus of those testing it is.
    05-19-09 09:37 AM
210 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD