I confess...I am a loyal BlackBerry user and addict. I love everything that is BlackBerry so you can imagine the shock I got when I received a Google alert (highly recommend setting one) about the Storm 2 Is there any truth to this? Specs include a 5MP camera, near HD quality display, 1GB onboard memory, faster processor, etc. etc. To make you go WTFudge, it's in production too?!?! I find it hard to believe. I leave it to CrackBerry addicts to judge:

http://www.cellphones.ca/news/post004250/

head spinning ...LOL
    10-20-08 08:53 PM
    ��.the 2nd gen will most likely be better. �

Hahahaha
    Wow! Groundbreaking journalism as always.
    Just reading your link, this comment made me laugh.
    10-20-08 09:04 PM
    There will always be new devices comming out at all times. I'm sure RIM is working hard on new devices even when the bold aand storm are not available to the public.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 09:04 PM
    I confess...I am a loyal BlackBerry user and addict. I love everything that is BlackBerry so you can imagine the shock I got when I received a Google alert (highly recommend setting one) about the Storm 2 Is there any truth to this? Specs include a 5MP camera, near HD quality display, 1GB onboard memory, faster processor, etc. etc. To make you go WTFudge, it's in production too?!?! I find it hard to believe. I leave it to CrackBerry addicts to judge:

http://www.cellphones.ca/news/post004250/

head spinning ...LOL
    Yes it's true. You didn't really think RIM was going to leave NA GSM carriers out of the loop did you? And theres more coming than Version 2 of the Storm. Better I might add.
    10-20-08 09:07 PM
    i understand this monster device will be an entirely new device, unrelated to the storm, which is speculated to be of a treo-esque form factor with a keyboard and touchscreen.

an entirely separate device is going to be an update on the storm. it will be touchscreen only, but better specs, better screen, more memory likely a thinner and sleeker body, etc...

from what i hear, the storm update is speculated to be out sooner than the touchscreen keyboard combo blackberry. the storm update will first come in the form of a GSM version of the storm, and then the CDMA storm will get this update down the road.
    10-20-08 09:11 PM
    Storm 2:

Honest to goodness... that's it.... I didn't photoshop that or nothin'
    10-20-08 09:59 PM
    Yes it's true. You didn't really think RIM was going to leave NA GSM carriers out of the loop did you? And theres more coming than Version 2 of the Storm. Better I might add.
    Great... Just when I feel like CDMA is getting some blackberry love, turns out that GSM has something better coming around the corner.
    10-20-08 10:17 PM
    That, and CDMA is dying anyway. Long live UMTS, long live LTE.
    10-20-08 10:33 PM
    That, and CDMA is dying anyway. Long live UMTS, long live LTE.
    Yea but I'm still using my NE2 on the 9530. By the time that LTE starts showing its face, my next NE2 will be ready.
    10-20-08 11:43 PM
    wow.....RIM compamy is so fast....just came out with storm and then now storm2.....
    10-20-08 11:54 PM
    July - Aug 2009. Don't worry about Verizon getting screwed, they are getting an updated Storm after the NA GSM comes out.

Your best bet is get a Storm/Bold depending on carrier, then next year around this time grab the Storm version 2 and await the monster devices RIM has planned for early 2010.
    10-21-08 12:03 AM
    fast pple working for a fast co, RIM.........long term visioning and planning.....that is the way to go.....in this 21st century i think
    10-21-08 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD