After Downloading the new software and still having a host of problems such as 6 restarts in an hour and putting the phone on mute almost everytime i was on a call, and some other little qurks. I had it with a phone VZW should have never put out with soooo many bugs, VZW should have taken a leson from AT&T with the I-Phone. I went to the Curve so far so good.
    12-07-08 06:03 PM
    I too will be returning my Storm, but I'm getting a brand new one. Hope this one doesn't come with bugs.
    12-07-08 06:16 PM
    I am certain that for every storm hater there are many more storm lovers. I love my storm it is a great device with the new software and the updated screen fix. Sorry yours didnt work out so well, you are missing out!
    12-07-08 06:19 PM
    Yeah I recommend trying a new storm before switching off the device. I know a lot of people have had zero problems (like myself) and are enjoying a fast storm with no issues
    12-07-08 06:19 PM
    fyi, i got a replacement that was on .65 a few days back and it was MUCH faster than my storm on .75 leaked. i would have kept the replacement but it had a dead pixel.
    12-07-08 06:20 PM
    And I am one of them that's a storm lover! Just added insurance so I am keeping it. I never understood the whole mute issue.

OP, have fun with your curve.
    Last edited by Princess_Storm; 12-07-08 at 06:23 PM. Reason: .
    12-07-08 06:22 PM
    good luck with new storm I'll just wait and see how things go in the next 30 days, if the Storm starts getting better feedback I may go back I did like it but I was spending too much time trying to fix it.
    12-07-08 06:23 PM
    same case as mine, very often I'm on mute while on a call. very annoying and disappointing.
    12-07-08 06:25 PM
    patience. please people. it took the apple yphone quite a few weeks ( months even ) to pan out there 2g device, and memory serves me correct they still had issues when launching their 3g one as well.
    12-07-08 06:26 PM
    After Downloading the new software and still having a host of problems such as 6 restarts in an hour and putting the phone on mute almost everytime i was on a call, and some other little qurks. I had it with a phone VZW should have never put out with soooo many bugs, VZW should have taken a leson from AT&T with the I-Phone. I went to the Curve so far so good.
    These are not problems that many people are having, so what should that tell you?

I love it when people get obviously defective hardware, then come on here and whine about it for attention instead of calling Verizon and getting a NEW GOD DAMN PHONE. No dont do that, instead come on a message board and tell everyone how neat the Curve is.

Either that, or you had one restart and you are being a drama queen.
    12-07-08 06:33 PM
    I am not in the business of convincing people this is a great device but I'm loving it just decided to add tha to balance the table

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 06:33 PM
    My storm Physically broke only after 10 days. So i had to go back to a curve till my order was processed and shipped on the website.. STILL waiting for it, wish you gave it another shot w/ a new storm tho the update worked awesome on mine till the USB port broke.
    12-07-08 06:56 PM

Just be aware that your Storm and experience is not typical of the rest of us users. You can let your experience with one device spoil it for you, but I wish you well with your Curve.
    12-07-08 06:58 PM
    These are not problems that many people are having, so what should that tell you?

I love it when people get obviously defective hardware, then come on here and whine about it for attention instead of calling Verizon and getting a NEW GOD DAMN PHONE. No dont do that, instead come on a message board and tell everyone how neat the Curve is.

Either that, or you had one restart and you are being a drama queen.
    Amen!
    12-07-08 06:59 PM
    Ill assume you meant to say "Bye Bye Storm" because bye is used when leaving. "By" on the other hand is used when giving something ownership, like a book, song, manufactured product. lol I'm just giving you a hard time. Try getting a new Storm.
    12-07-08 07:04 PM
    Stealing your Thread Title:

Bye Bye snoopy42 - I guess thats what you wanted to hear. Not really sure why you felt you needed to post in the first place - just as I'm not really sure why I wasted the time to reply.
    12-07-08 07:07 PM
    Ill assume you meant to say "Bye Bye Storm" because bye is used when leaving. "By" on the other hand is used when giving something ownership, like a book, song, manufactured product. lol I'm just giving you a hard time. Try getting a new Storm.
    maybe he meant Buy Buy storm. Perhaps he is trying to tell it to use etrade to buy him some stock? Either way, this thread is ridiculous.
    12-07-08 07:12 PM
    it's difficult to imagine that you have the intellectual capacity to actually use a smart phone considering as you can't even spell "bye"
    12-07-08 07:19 PM
    After returning my Storm to the VZW store this morning and getting a replacement I'm still not satisfied with the outcome of this product. So I made the tough decision to return it tomorrow and get a Curve. I've already taken DM 4.7 off my computer and wiped the handheld. I think I made the right decision to return it. It will save me some money.
    12-08-08 09:30 PM
    And I am one of them that's a storm lover! Just added insurance so I am keeping it. I never understood the whole mute issue.

OP, have fun with your curve.
    Couldn't agree more.
    12-08-08 09:33 PM
    For those of you that purchase phones from VZW after November 15th you have until January 15th to return it. That means you can put the Storm thru the motions for almost 60 days.
    12-08-08 09:33 PM
    btw. its spelled "BYE BYE" not "by by"
    12-08-08 09:48 PM
    The Storm will prove dead in its tracks because the clickboard , innovative as it is, is inefficient as ****....compared to the best virtual out there (ifhone) or the good exposed keyboards out there.
    Its a real long shot but the 2nd G Storm (if there is to be one), will have to employa kickass virtual kbd....otherwise this Rim project will die a really quick death.
    12-08-08 10:07 PM
    Is it normal that when you click you can see the screen distort near the center where the little pivot point/nub is on the backplate? When I say distort I mean like if you took your finger and poked an LCD screen with it.

That just screams to me long-term screen damage potential to me.

As far as the push-in touchscreen, I agree -- it might be nice in concept, but in execution it's a terrible idea. It also seems "cheap" because the screen moves around. It also doesn't scroll worth crap when you want to scroll through a list or down a page. They really need to put the little trackball back on this thing and fix the keyboard interface so it's just a normal touchscreen and you don't have to push it in and release. That would be a great device!
    12-08-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD