Okay, so i just got off the phone with verizon, and the rep told me that if I purchase a storm 1, and update it with blackberry 5.0 software, that would be just as good as the storm 2. Is that true???????

Also, I am a sprint customer looking to switch to verizon because sprint's lineup of blackberries is appalling. I want the storm, and the only way to get it is to switch to verizon. Unless anyone knows of a way to unlock a storm to use it on sprint's network....................
    11-09-09 08:55 PM
    Closer to the truth than many are willing to admit. But I'm a troll, so what do I know?
    11-09-09 08:56 PM
    Depends what you care about. The surepress design is more reliable on the S2, the increased app memory and there is the wifi.

Sprint won't activate non-Sprint esn's, so either you switch or don't use the Storm.
    11-09-09 09:03 PM
    Depends what you care about. The surepress design is more reliable on the S2, the increased app memory and there is the wifi.
    All true and not enough for me to get rid of my Storm 1 since the 5.0 upgrade.
    11-09-09 09:15 PM
    Another VZW rep under instructions to push nothing but the Droid, IMO. I had an S1 and upgraded to the S2. If you like pulling your batt a few times a day, having to limit yourself to a certain number of apps without risking running your memory down, getting no data if you work in a concrete and steel building like I do, then the S1 is going to work well for you. If you like to only restart when you feel like it (like every 4+ days), have the freedom to install and run twice as many apps, and be able to get your mail when you're in the office via WiFi, then I'd consider the S2.

I love mine. And I haven't even talked about how much more accurately and rapidly I'm able to type on the S2. Oh wait, I just did!
    11-09-09 09:20 PM
    Not true. i have a storm 1 and upgraded to the 5.0. This was a very bad move for me. The phone freezes even more. I also notice more reboots and have had to do 3 battery pulls this past weekend. I would not go with a storm if I were you. Also, i am trying to downgrade my software back to my previous version but am having trouble. Imo, don't get it. it's not worth the headaches of faulty os, all the glitches and freezing.
    11-09-09 09:27 PM
    Not true. i have a storm 1 and upgraded to the 5.0. This was a very bad move for me. The phone freezes even more. I also notice more reboots and have had to do 3 battery pulls this past weekend. I would not go with a storm if I were you. Also, i am trying to downgrade my software back to my previous version but am having trouble. Imo, don't get it. it's not worth the headaches of faulty os, all the glitches and freezing.
    This is pretty much the exact opposite of what most S1 users report with OS5...
    11-09-09 09:31 PM
    I'm sorry that your experience has differed from mine, but that doesn't make what I said "not true." Sounds like you got a bad unit. It happens. You're inside 30 days so go get a new one. You might also look at the apps you've got. Some are known to jack up the phone. It happens. If you restored from DM and did a full restore that could be the cause of your problems. Always a good idea to just restore critical databases, as dbs tend to get corrupted. It happens.
    11-09-09 09:34 PM
    I agree with papped; this is, indeed, the exact opposite of the experience I've had since upgrading to 5.0.0.328. My phone seldom reboots on it's own (but then, I hardly ever had that issue with my device with any of the many OS' I've installed) and it's only every few days that I need to do a battery pull to recover some memory.
    11-09-09 10:06 PM
    Thanks to all. I think I'll just spend the extra $120 to get the Storm 2. Its actually a great deal since I can get a second blackberry for free. I'll probably get my wife the blackberry tour.
    11-09-09 10:18 PM
    I agree with papped; this is, indeed, the exact opposite of the experience I've had since upgrading to 5.0.0.328. My phone seldom reboots on it's own (but then, I hardly ever had that issue with my device with any of the many OS' I've installed) and it's only every few days that I need to do a battery pull to recover some memory.
    Both my Wife's and my Storm 1 Work great now on 5.0. Memory holds steady for days and no random reboots. (I am running over 20 apps and boot at 27.7mb). The only real feature that we are missing at this point is the WIFI. Typing is fast enough for me...
    Last edited by thomc; 11-09-09 at 11:17 PM.
    11-09-09 10:24 PM
    You probably doing samething wrong ,or its a bad instal .try reinstal the os again.
    11-09-09 10:27 PM
    Is the storm 2 less laggy?
    11-09-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD