I'm really loving my Storm but I'm noticing that over the past few days my Storm has been slowing down.

I have the most updated firmware running on it which helped at first. I have been putting a lot of images, music and videos on my phone over the past few days. It seems the more I put on the device, the slower it becomes.

Has anyone else been having this problem?
    12-18-08 12:30 PM
    As tech for VZW I have to ask is this your first BlackBerry. If so how are you getting out of programs?
    12-18-08 12:34 PM
    Yes, this is my first Blackberry. I'm hitting the END key to get out of most programs. Is that bad? Should I be doing something different? The slowness is definitely when it's rotating and when I'm TRYING to tell it to unlock.
    Last edited by sneakyrandy; 12-18-08 at 12:51 PM.
    12-18-08 12:35 PM
    wrong thread oops
    12-18-08 12:53 PM
    Ok, don't take this personal because it is a very common mistake/problem. First do a battery pull and don't use the end key to get out of programs. When you use that it leaves the program running in the background. Think of it like having multiple windows open at the bottom of your computer, it will either run slow or freeze right? So to fix the problem use the "dotted" key and then close to exit out of a program. Hope that makes sense, if not let me know where I lost you.
    12-18-08 12:54 PM
    Yes that is good advice. Now I have another question for you.

Is there a way to see what apps you have open at any given time? I always try to close them out correctly but im always wondering if there is something i havent used for a while that has been open.

Lol you really had me thinkin there for a minute. I thought I was posting in the wrong thread or ******** to some extent.
    Haha yeah sorry. I was trying to log in on a different tab and came back to the wrong place. Makes me smile though thank you.
    Last edited by sputniksteve; 12-18-08 at 01:01 PM.
    12-18-08 12:57 PM
    wrong thread oops
    Lol you really had me thinkin there for a minute. I thought I was posting in the wrong thread or ******** to some extent.
    12-18-08 12:58 PM

Is there a way to see what apps you have open at any given time? I always try to close them out correctly but im always wondering if there is something i havent used for a while that has been open.
    To my knowledge and from what I have read straight from BB is to hold the dotted key and go in one of the programs that is in the little list then close it correctly from there. Granted there some applications that always run and always be in there after being closed.
    12-18-08 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try and see if it improves it! Seriously, I love this phone and I don't want to return it.
    12-18-08 01:02 PM

To see what is open hold down the BB key. There will always be a few that will be running all the time like home messages etc. U said u have been loading pics and video? R u saving them to the card or the device memory? Also do a memory clean go to OPTIONS>SEVURITY>MEMEORY then hit the BB and select clean now. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 01:05 PM
    that seems to help a bunch!
    12-18-08 01:06 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try and see if it improves it! Seriously, I love this phone and I don't want to return it.
    Follow the steps out lined here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dra...-steps-116539/

It will make a huge diffrence.
    12-18-08 01:06 PM
    My Storm runs OK but there is a serious lag when locking/unlocking.
    12-18-08 01:11 PM
    I think if you follow the advice given above, it should solve the lock / unlock issue. It did for me.

Personally, I'd like to see another firmware update soon.
    12-18-08 01:56 PM
    I think if you follow the advice given above, it should solve the lock / unlock issue. It did for me.

Personally, I'd like to see another firmware update soon.
    When you plug your phone into your PC it will show up as two hard drives bb1 and bb2 make sure you are moving stuff to BB2
    12-18-08 02:15 PM
    When you plug your phone into your PC it will show up as two hard drives bb1 and bb2 make sure you are moving stuff to BB2
    Yes, I'm doing that. I'm not adding data to the onboard memory, but to the 8G data card.
    12-18-08 02:16 PM
    Ok just wanted to make sure.....
    12-18-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD