The issues were too much for me. I am sending mine back, received my curve yesterday and its great to have a phone that actually works.
    12-06-08 08:25 AM
    Does anybody really expect a first generation blackberry touch screen handheld to be released with NO bugs? Realistically this is uncharted territory for RIM. I'd say they did a pretty good job since there are only about 3 or 4 things that you can honestly say need improvement. The unit was out for less than a week before they responded to complaints with an update. That's service, good luck trying to get that from any other manufacturer. My guess is they'll have another update following very close. This update addressed the lag and poor button response (especially the lock button) but the accelerometer still needs work. Hardware is sound, software can be updated. I LOVE IT!
    12-06-08 08:34 AM
    I've owned or used every bb ever made and I love them all. Sure I wanna slap my storm sometimes. But it works. My only gripe is the audience its marketed to, I'm an elitist about berries, I HATE every 13 year old girl that has one because they are "cute". I guess I need to buy more hacksaws and body bags and camp vzw stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i haven't seen another storm outside of a VZ demo standee
    12-06-08 08:40 AM
    Mine doesn't have ANY of the problems yours has. Its lightning fast, clicks perfectly and has NO issues (aside from a camera that takes 5 seconds to take a photo).

Dwade, my suggestions is for you to try to talk to CS and get a new one. Then if you still don't like it, get something else. There are lots of good VZW phones out there you might like. Why stay with something you dislike? I sure as heck wouldn't! lol
    12-06-08 08:41 AM
    While I do think that the phone is going to end up as one of Blackberry's best offerings, this phone no doubt has issues. The fact that the individuals on this phone were clamoring (really, begging) for an update and that virtually ever user on this board probably has upgraded to the latest revision speaks volumes of the quality issues that this initial product had.

Additionally, that leak thread (at the time) was the most viewed and most posted for a reason.

@Dwade - I do agree that there is some level of denial in terms of product quality. A lot of people got hyped about this device and no one likes admitting that they brought an expensive product with excessive defects, especially a fanbase as rabid as those who post here. Many threads do read like a support-group discussion and are often intended to prop-up a product or make people feel better about their purchase.

That being said, your on Crackberry Forums, where impartial opinions of RIM products are few and far between. Why you would choose to make your stand here and continue this fight is quite confusing; You've made your point - Perhaps it's time to just give up.
    Last edited by IAmTheWalrus; 12-06-08 at 11:03 AM.
    12-06-08 08:47 AM
    if you are just a phone call maker you might say it is good! thats all its doing well. but if you use all it capabilities then it really suck!!!!! browser lags bigtime not bringing the page up but when on it. documents to go wow you cant move the document well. camera freezes if you have various emails it will lock. the new OS 4.7075 made it worst its faster when turning ( i guess that was what everyone just wanted fix ) but now the browser takes 45sec to open as well as the messaging center...................
    12-06-08 08:53 AM
    I Love THE STORM
    12-06-08 10:40 AM
    I Love the Storm
    12-06-08 10:53 AM
    if you are just a phone call maker you might say it is good! thats all its doing well. but if you use all it capabilities then it really suck!!!!! browser lags bigtime not bringing the page up but when on it. documents to go wow you cant move the document well. camera freezes if you have various emails it will lock. the new OS 4.7075 made it worst its faster when turning ( i guess that was what everyone just wanted fix ) but now the browser takes 45sec to open as well as the messaging center...................
    My Storm has none of these problems and I am a power user.
    12-06-08 10:59 AM
    I love the storm and had the 8830 before this. Does it have issues, yes but they are primarily sw and will be fixed in future OS releases.
    12-06-08 11:01 AM
    I agree to a point, I like my storm more then my previous phone the Q. I do not like my storm as much as people make it out to be. Lets face facts here, verizon should have never released it with .65, just look at the difference .65 to .75, The fact I know 3 other people that say its next to impossible to pick up a call correctly on their storm when its sitting in their pocket is a joke. The simplest part of the storm is to pick up a call and they didnt get that right yet. Hardware wise its an awesome phone, software wise though......it needs a lot of work still.
    12-06-08 11:01 AM
    I updated from a RavorV3 that hardly ever even rang when someone called me. The phone was brand new and hardly rang. It sucked. So..
    Yes, I LOVE my Storm.
    12-06-08 11:03 AM
    The storm I have I have had since 11/21 and have had no issues.

A few bugs yes, but seriously what phone doesn't have issues?

Hating on a phone cause you are not sure how to use it may also be a factor that needs to be taken into account with threads such as these.

Seriously my wife who got her first blackberry pearl 2 months ago who used a sidekick and before that a razr or whatever phone I had laying around since it was GSM. Since she has switched to the pearl she does not want a diffrent phone.

I let her play around with the storm to see what she thought about it. She took to it like a duck to water with no issues. I have let her read some of the crap threads like this one and she finds it quite childish and stupid. Her main questions were these.

Dont these people know how to use a search function, I do and I am not even a computer geek.

Why does everyone has to start a new thread to say something over and over, it like hearing all the 4 year olds at the playground whine and cry when it is time to go home.

But seriously folks threads like this are a joke and waste it just buries legitimate threads that are actually useful to this community.

Also dont you think that if there were so many malfunctioning devices like you make it appear to be that something would have started a recall?
    12-06-08 11:08 AM
    You don't.

This thing has issues that are very irritating. I'm not getting rid of the phone as I don't want to leave Verizon and I'll just deal with the annoyances. But this phone needs a lot of time before it becomes something to brag about.

They didn't even get the basics right. I mean the very basics. There should be a send/end option on the touch screen and not some dinky button on the very bottom of the phone that will most likely not even be positioned right when trying to answer the thing. BECAUSE IT'S ETERNALLY IN LANDSCAPE unless you baby it.

****, never mind.

The lag issues are bad as well. That is not fixed.

Now, ****, never mind.
    Look, Get over the initial issues already and enjoy the many things that work well! I do indeed love this phone and the many good things about it. It will definitely get better, but that will only make it that much better. If you are someone who hates the littlest bug or issue, then you should know better than getting the initial version of anything that is man made. So please, ***** if you must, but don't assume that we all feel the same as you do. Now, please enjoy what you can, expect it to get better, or just bring the damn thing back if you aren't pleased with it.... This isn't intended to be a flamer, but the number of folks pissing and moaning about how bad this thing is, when in my experience since day one, it has been very good and the initial update has improved it already . Expect more improvements, applications and enhancements over the next few weeks and months to the point folks will forget the rough rol-out just as they did the iPhone issues... Remember those?? Apple even had to issue refunds because of pricing, and folks couldn't even connect to their provider, etc, etc, etc... OK, I've got that out of my system.
    12-06-08 12:36 PM
    I agree to a point, I like my storm more then my previous phone the Q. I do not like my storm as much as people make it out to be. Lets face facts here, verizon should have never released it with .65, just look at the difference .65 to .75, The fact I know 3 other people that say its next to impossible to pick up a call correctly on their storm when its sitting in their pocket is a joke. The simplest part of the storm is to pick up a call and they didnt get that right yet. Hardware wise its an awesome phone, software wise though......it needs a lot of work still.
    And if the Holiday shopping season was a month further away it would have been sold with .75 installed.. We all know the business cycle challenges and Vzn just couldn't miss those dates. Woulda, shoulda, coulda...
    12-06-08 12:39 PM
    Despite the minor issues, I love my Storm too!!!!!!!!
    12-06-08 12:41 PM
    III LLLLOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE IIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!! Hows that!!!???
    12-06-08 12:45 PM
    I've never seen anyone whine so much about a phone. Don't like it, its not for you, get a new phone *****. You don't have to try and change other people's opinion about it. I love my storm. k thanks!
    12-06-08 01:06 PM
    I have no problems with my storm.
    12-06-08 01:11 PM
    NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE STUPID THREADS..

STOP trying to make others not love the storm, I don't love my storm, but I like it a lot, and I think I will love it soon enough. I have minimal lag, and the buttons at the bottom are great, better than touch screen buttons.

please stop trying to change other peoples views. if you dont' like it, good for you, I respect your opinion.... but respect other's opinions as well....
    12-06-08 01:14 PM
    After 2 half turns of the screws (see alternative screen click fix) I now LOVE
    my Storm... before I was just infatuated with it...
    12-06-08 01:36 PM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD