Several reviews confirmed what has, at times, been portrayed as fact by RIM, the screen is glass. Then mobiletechreview.com says quite clearly that it's plastic. I don't want a plastic touch screen. Yes, glass scratches too, but not as easily.

I've always found the best way to tell glass from plastic is by touching it with the back of your finger, or your lips... plastic is always warmer than glass. Or, alternatively, tapping on it with something made of metal or glass. Glass has a higher resonant frequency and therefore sounds different.

Should we just assume the guy at mobiletechreview is mistaken? I'll probably touch one later today and own one tomorrow, just obsessin'
    11-20-08 01:20 PM
    After playing with it, it seems to be a clear plastic button over a harder, glass screen. (or maybe harder plastic)
    11-20-08 01:26 PM
    Felt like glass to me.
    11-20-08 01:27 PM
    its glass.. if rim and verizon say its glass... then i would have to say ... yah ... its glass....
    11-20-08 01:29 PM
    based on the videos i have seen... it appears to be plastic because it looks like the screen flexes.
    11-20-08 01:30 PM
    based on the videos i have seen... it appears to be plastic because it looks like the screen flexes.
    Uhhm, not very telling. You can flex an 8 foot by 4 foot pane of 1/4" glass several inches without it breaking.
    11-20-08 02:03 PM
    For God's sake...it's glass. RIM has already confirmed this!
    11-20-08 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD