im debating whether to send my phone back for a replacement phone but im unsure if its the storm or the networks problem...

i got a .75 os storm a week ago, email worked fine for a few days, then the past few days it stopped working, Id have to call them up and theyd delete the email accounts and reinstall them and then the emails would work for a few hours, then it would stop again

ive tried everything, resending service books, hrt registering, battery pulls and nothing helps, verizon is doing some sort of lookup at my signal to see if thats the problem, but at this point im really losing patience as i really need emails instantly and i have been using BBs for years for this feature

the net and bb messenger work fine, its just no emails come thru after a few hours of them fixing it, i can send emails that are received by other people though... is it worth sending back for a whole new phone or should i try to get them to fix this one...thx
    12-24-08 11:32 AM
    If Verizon tech support has done everything they could on their side I would definitely get a new BB. Sounds like you have gone through the basic steps most people would to get your BB working with Data.

Have you tried setting up a generic email account with google or yahoo and setup your BB with that account and see if it also dies or doesnt work?
    12-24-08 11:37 AM
    yea, i have gmail and aol accts in addition to the bb address, none of them recieve email...
    12-24-08 11:40 AM
    verizon is clueless as to what to do, any other ideas?
    12-24-08 04:02 PM
    You man need to send the phone back. I had the same problems and swop phones and it worked perfect.
    12-24-08 04:03 PM
    Did you set up the accounts through BIS on the web or through your handset?
    12-24-08 05:17 PM
    they have been setup for years and were imported through desktop manager from my old bb... RIM figured out the problem though, when i imported everything, there was a corrupt message that was causing the new messages not to be displayed, i erased all the messages on the phone that were imported and now everything works again
    12-25-08 10:14 AM
    Have you tried sending service books (setup/email/menu), or 'reconcile now' from the menu? You may also be able to delete the email, and reenter it, this happened to me once and this solved the problem. Good luck.
    12-25-08 10:31 AM
    Looks like you are back up and running again congrats
    12-25-08 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD