i played with the droid today..i am sticking with my storm.as a matter of fact i also tried the storm 2..and i am still sticking with my 1 storm..the pull out keyboard on the droid feels like a cheap piece of junk and it sucks to type on.the phone itself is pretty ugly and see no reason to dump my storm that although is not perfect ( but there is no perfect smart phone) is still better than the droid..as far as the storm 2 the clicking was also bad ,much harder to push and the phone is almost the same.i also checked out a few other so called better storm phones..and guess what,i am sticking to my storm 1. congrats to the 2009 world champion new york yankees d;O)
    11-07-09 01:02 PM
    Agree. Just came from the VZW store and did not like the Droid at all. As far as the S2 there simply is no noticeable diff with my S1 running 5.0
    11-07-09 02:04 PM
    Agree. Just came from the VZW store and did not like the Droid at all. As far as the S2 there simply is no noticeable diff with my S1 running 5.0
    Can't say anything about the Droid but I can tell you that there is a notable difference in the Storm 2 and the original Storm. Overall performance is better. The click is completely different it feels more solid and stable making typing easier (though granted, there is a learning curve here).

Having 110mb of app memory improves the speed of the Storm 2 over the Storm 1.

They look alike but that's about it.

I honestly bought this phone thinking it was not going to be much different then the original Storm. I've only had it 24 hours and I'm not willing to say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but I will definitely tell you it's better then the Storm 1.
    11-07-09 02:11 PM
    Just came from playing with a storm2. As a matter if fact I'm just outside the VZ store now and couldn't wait to say how unimpressed I was. I know how some storms act different and I don't have screen click issues. I actually think mine clicked better than the one I played with. I just gotta say I expected more. ONLY thing I wish I had was more app memory. But being that I have been steady at 33mb now going in 5 days without a batt pull I guess I can't complain about that either. I only spent 15 minutes but I just expected more. Sticking with my S1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 02:29 PM
    I'm staying with my S1 too. I didn't like the droid, it remind me od G1. The S2 is as fast as the S1(not much of a changes and not worth the upgrade from S1). I'm crossing my fingers the Dell Streak comes out in US by Jan 2010. I like what I'm swing so far with Android OS + More. This could be the finally iPhone Killer

11-07-09 02:45 PM
    From what I can see by just playing with the Storm 2 in the store the only thing that would motivate me to upgrade is the WIFI. But even WIFI isn't worth me upgrading early, I'll just wait for my new every 2. My Storm has clicked perfectly since I adjusted the case screws the first week I had it.
    11-07-09 03:49 PM
    Great thread, thanks for all the reviews. I have been wondering about the Droid v.s. Storm 1 v.s. Storm 2.

Thanks.
    11-07-09 03:56 PM
    sticking with my storm 1 too
    11-07-09 05:23 PM
    Yeah, I might too. Been looking at the Droid since I do not need more memory and and won't go S2. I would love wifi but my Storm is running good now except for some minor glitches and my 3G is usually pretty good and Opera 5 is doing a good job on download speeds. I think that I will wait and see what else is coming down the pike in the next few weeks. I would love wifi and bigger screen and I think it is coming soon!
    11-07-09 07:15 PM
    Still on my original Storm. Looked at Droid and #2 today. Thanks but I am staying with Storm #1. I have put up with the drama since January and now that it finally works great I am staying.

BTW, another reason for not going Droid is all the "extras" I have for the storm
    11-07-09 07:17 PM
    I don't care enough about the storm 2 to trade up. if it would be a trade up. My sister and her husband have them. I messed with one for a while. Faster but not that big a deal. Not worth the money in my opinion
    11-07-09 07:46 PM
    I was up on the contract so I went in and got the Droid to try for 30 days and if I didn't like it I would take it back in for the S2. So far I really doubt that I'll be going back to the storm. I love the Droid. The ui is awesome, not to mention the massive increase in speed. I can get tasks done 10 times faster on the Droid compared to he storm, and the smoothness and solid OS has won me over. Granted I do miss my bbm but I only had 5 contacts I actually talked to on it anyway. All in all the Droid is a great phone, had it not been for the absence of wifi on the S1 I wouldn't have been looking at another phone in the first place anyway, but I couldn't be happier now. I think vzw has a winner on their hands with the Droid.

11-07-09 10:15 PM
    I was up on the contract so I went in and got the Droid to try for 30 days and if I didn't like it I would take it back in for the S2. So far I really doubt that I'll be going back to the storm. I love the Droid. The ui is awesome, not to mention the massive increase in speed. I can get tasks done 10 times faster on the Droid compared to he storm, and the smoothness and solid OS has won me over. Granted I do miss my bbm but I only had 5 contacts I actually talked to on it anyway. All in all the Droid is a great phone, had it not been for the absence of wifi on the S1 I wouldn't have been looking at another phone in the first place anyway, but I couldn't be happier now. I think vzw has a winner on their hands with the Droid.

Not having wifi on the blackberry storm was the carriers choice. as you can tell verizon had little to none smart phones that had wifi, now most of there most updated phone are coming with wifi (Storm2, Bold2, & of course the droid). I do not have verizon but I have a friend that got the droid and I played with it and it reminds me to much of the G1 and I very much disliked that phone. Blackberry still has my heart.
    11-07-09 10:25 PM
    Only reason I up to s2 is for app mem to be crazy high but not worth the money IMO oh yea and the Yankees suck lol

11-07-09 10:41 PM
    Only reason I up to s2 is for app mem to be crazy high but not worth the money IMO oh yea and the Yankees suck lol

Yes!!! Anyway, I liked my original Storm, but I really love my storm2. Maybe I was unlucky, but I had 4 Storms and ALL of them would eventually stop clicking in the corners. No such problem with my Storm2. Assuming both are running 5.0, the difference is minimal, but I love the improved hardware.
    11-08-09 12:20 AM
    I love how people say the droid is like the G1 why cuz its running android? That's like saying the tour or bold is just like the curve. The droid is light years ahead of the G1 & ALL blackberrys its not even close. The hardwear is way better there is no debateing that no matter how much you want to its just a FACT. Now its just weather you like android or not if you don't, don't say the phone sucks just cuz you don't like the os cuz you know the phone is way better than whatever pos is in your pocket. Yes I own a storm and it does what I need it to do pretty well but its no cuuttiing edge product by any strech of the imagination.

11-08-09 01:23 PM
    Keeping my S1 as well. I've played with the S2 and the Droid for a while. I would switch to the Droid for the browser and the speed. Plus I use Google services (gmail, docs, calendar, etc.) so it seems only natural that I should get an Android phone that will integrate with all that stuff. I just don't know enough about Android to really see what the phone can do. Also liked the S2, but for now I'll be sticking with the S1. It's a great device after you install OS 5.0.
    11-08-09 02:00 PM
    When is Blackberry going to LISTEN to us... I have the S1. I run out of memory daily and that is after i got a new one and didn't instal all the extras I really wanted. It takes 15 mins to boot up after a battery pull that I am forced to do daily. I run it very lean and only wish I could put all the random things on it I wanted. Fix the keyboard, amp up the application memory and maybe we'll upgrade. 1gb vs 2gb? wifi? Nice but fix the basics first. I'm sick of people comparing the Storm to the iPhone but I heard my buddies talking about a new application they install every week. I'm about to bail on the Storm.
    11-08-09 03:13 PM
    I checked out the Droid Forum a little while ago and there are many unhappy Droid owners already. It will probably get better over time...kinda like the Storm. I haven't actually seen the Droid but I would go with the S2 when an upgrade is available for me ( at least right now).
    11-08-09 05:27 PM
    I checked out the Droid Forum a little while ago and there are many unhappy Droid owners already.
    Really? I guess we see what we wanna see!
    11-08-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD