I was curious to know if there is a way to disable applications from loading at startup? Aim, and a few other programs always boot us, and I would rather load them when I want to use them instead. Also, my phone always asks me if I want the phone to select from cdma and gsm services at startup. Is there any way to disable this as well?

I do did a search first before asking, so I hope I didnt miss anything. Thanks in advance for your help!
    06-05-09 12:54 PM
    If you select "Yes" for that message about CDMA/GSM, then go back into those settings and reselect 1XEV, that message will go away.

As for AIM starting up when you reboot the phone, go into AIM and uncheck the box for Auto-SignIn... then it won't open automatically when you reset the phone.
    06-05-09 01:00 PM
    Thanks on the gsm tip. I cant find the option for auto sign in. is this an option within aim, or somewhere else?

I also have youmail, and who was that that load on startup. Any ideas on those?
    06-05-09 01:39 PM
    Youmail has to load if you want to get your vm automatically

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 01:41 PM
    I know. To keep memory usage low, I would rather go into each time I miss a call.
    06-05-09 01:42 PM
    Okay, I am silly. I found the auto sign in for aim. Just need help with the other apps now.
    06-05-09 01:43 PM
    Okay, I am silly. I found the auto sign in for aim. Just need help with the other apps now.
    List the apps that open on startup.
    06-05-09 01:49 PM
    youmail, messages, home, phone, browser, bb messanger, call blocker, and who was that. I know most of those are default, and I wouldnt want to close them. The ones I want to stop are youmail, and who was that. Thanks again!
    06-05-09 01:55 PM
    youmail, messages, home, phone, browser, bb messanger, call blocker, and who was that. I know most of those are default, and I wouldnt want to close them. The ones I want to stop are youmail, and who was that. Thanks again!
    Messages, Home, Phone, Browser, and BB Messenger will always be running in the background... no way to close them.

I don't have any experience with the others you have listed, but I'm sure someone does and will be able to help you out.
    06-05-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks Morf, I appreciate you taking the time to help!
    06-05-09 01:58 PM
    I unloaded BB Messenger so it doesnt run in my background
    06-05-09 02:06 PM
    I actually use bb messager quite a bit, so I am okay with that running.
    06-05-09 02:07 PM
    So is the concensus that there is no way to access auto startup on applications? The only thing I can think of is one of the permissions config settings. Why shouldn't we have BB OS controlled access to autostart 3rd party apps or any app for that matter?
    06-26-09 07:11 AM
    So,is there any way to stop apps from auto launching except for the native ones?
    07-12-09 12:40 AM
    Uninstall them. Or go dig through their options, I'm guessing there is a choice in there somewhere to stop them from auto-starting.
    07-12-09 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD