its another storm bug. i had the stars sticking when i had no new msgs...then they wouldnt come at all in portrait (worked fine landscape). i wiped the BB and it seems to be fine...for now.
    11-28-08 12:45 PM
    My experience with this type of issue last night: I got the star on the email inbox, not on the messages folder. (seperated mode) Said I had 2 messages....nothing. So, I monkeyed about with it to try and get it to go away, no luck. I noticed in landscape no star, portrait showing wallpaper, star, portrait after BB button (all icons), no star. Very strange. So, I waited it out to see if I was getting mail. Sure enough, 2 large emails came in. Im thinking maybe they were downloading to the phone, couldnt see them yet but it knew they were 'on the way' type of thing. Hope this makes sense or is a logical assumption.
    12-11-08 05:33 AM
    im having same kinda problem not really bothering me too much, i have a single row of 4 on my storm at the bottom, the star will show up on SMS msg's always when i receive one, the star will only show up on the messages folder when i get an email if i hit the BB key and bring up all my icons
    12-11-08 06:26 AM
    I've had quite a few star problems with all the email settings I've messed with over the time I've been playing with the storm. All of them were solved either by removing and readding the email account(s) (sometimes multiple times) or a battery pull (this is most effective for phantom new messages).
    12-11-08 09:11 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD