Hey guys, I searched the forums but I couldn't find anything on this topic.

I was using the BOLT browser on my storm and it started freezing up and lagging like crazy. I'm 99% sure this was when the crap was downloading onto my phone.

That's when I noticed 2 new icons on my home screen. One is called "Music Centre" and the other is "Tunes and apps".

They have cheap generic logos that clearly weren't made by RIM, I NEVER installed these programs and they do not appear on my application list in the system settings, there seems to be NO WAY to delete these buggers.

The programs themselves open a link in the browser but I'm too scared to see where it takes me and what other crap it'll try to download.

I reloaded my OS today but no dice, the 2 programs are still there! Does anyone know how to get rid of them? Thanks!
    07-23-09 12:36 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books and see if they're in there. If they are in there, don't worry. They were just pushed to your phone from your carrier.

P.S. There are no known viruses for the BB OS so you really shouldn't worry very much when browsing the web.
    07-23-09 12:40 PM
    Sounds very much like what many Verizon users are currently experiencing with Vast Song ID, VZW Tones and Slacker of late.

I'd be willing to wager this is a similar issue through Bell and that the respective services book are indeed there.
    07-23-09 01:18 PM
    zomfg that's spyware??? THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!
    07-23-09 02:47 PM
    anyway, RIM is the most secure wireless manufacturer at the moment. if it's on your phone, it's either because of RIM or your carrier putting it there.

and did you not notice the VZW in both of those apps? good lord, children...

reading is not only fun, but it's fundamental!
    07-23-09 02:48 PM
    07-23-09 03:03 PM
    hehehe

07-23-09 03:26 PM
    There is no known reported virus for the BlackBerry...
    07-23-09 03:29 PM
    but, Momma says reading is for the de de de devil.
    07-23-09 03:42 PM
    Its probably slow because you need a battery pull. Like everyone else said, don't worry about the virus thing....
    07-23-09 04:06 PM

I was using the BOLT browser on my storm and it started freezing up and lagging like crazy. I'm 99% sure this was when the crap was downloading onto my phone.

That's when I noticed 2 new icons on my home screen. One is called "Music Centre" and the other is "Tunes and apps".

They have cheap generic logos that clearly weren't made by RIM, I NEVER installed these programs and they do not appear on my application list in the system settings, there seems to be NO WAY to delete these buggers.

The programs themselves open a link in the browser but I'm too scared to see where it takes me and what other crap it'll try to download.

I reloaded my OS today but no dice, the 2 programs are still there! Does anyone know how to get rid of them? Thanks!
    I am currently on AT&T and they push all sorts of crap to my phone. What I started doing was creating a folder, them moving them all there, then hiding that folder.
    07-23-09 04:53 PM
    but, Momma says reading is for the de de de devil.
    i JUST finished watching that movie
    07-23-09 05:13 PM
    +1 on the folder. I name mine "Useless Shi*" and slapped a happy face on it. I gave up deleting the service books cuz those jerks are relentless and keep sending them back! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 05:16 PM
    to disable push Opt>Adv Opt>Brwsr Push>Bottom option, uncheck box
    07-23-09 06:17 PM
    is it just me or did that search give no answer to this thread?
    07-23-09 07:26 PM
    anyway, RIM is the most secure wireless manufacturer at the moment. if it's on your phone, it's either because of RIM or your carrier putting it there.

and did you not notice the VZW in both of those apps? good lord, children...

reading is not only fun, but it's fundamental!
    It was nice of you to help the poster...but insulting him was completely unnecessary.
    07-23-09 07:36 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books and see if they're in there. If they are in there, don't worry. They were just pushed to your phone from your carrier.

P.S. There are no known viruses for the BB OS so you really shouldn't worry very much when browsing the web.
    Sounds very much like what many Verizon users are currently experiencing with Vast Song ID, VZW Tones and Slacker of late.

I'd be willing to wager this is a similar issue through Bell and that the respective services book are indeed there.
    There is no known reported virus for the BlackBerry...
    I am currently on AT&T and they push all sorts of crap to my phone. What I started doing was creating a folder, them moving them all there, then hiding that folder.
    to disable push Opt>Adv Opt>Brwsr Push>Bottom option, uncheck box
    Really helpful info, esp since I had the same issue as the poster. Thank you to all of you for your excellent responses.
    07-23-09 07:40 PM
    Anytime Carol...
    07-23-09 07:52 PM

I lol'd in my pants a lil.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 07:58 PM
    It was nice of you to help the poster...but insulting him was completely unnecessary.
    my insults and comments are always general, and they are never pointed towards one person or individual. i insult the CB community in its entirety!!! no person shall be left out!!!
    07-23-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD