For some reason today my storm screen is spotty!!! U could only see it when the screen has a white background!!! When it has a black one u cant! It dosent look like its the glasss!!! can it be condensation???
    09-24-09 04:43 PM
    did you remove the factory screen protector when you first got it?
    09-24-09 04:59 PM
    Possibly some dust under the screen, did you wipe down ur glasses?
    09-24-09 05:40 PM
    did you remove the factory screen protector when you first got it?
    yeah i did but i had it off for like a month
    09-24-09 06:41 PM
    Possibly some dust under the screen, did you wipe down ur glasses?
    its not dust ima try to upload a pic
    09-24-09 06:42 PM
    damn i dont know how to!!
    09-24-09 06:44 PM
    its like the screen has spots that are lighter than the other than screen
    09-24-09 06:48 PM
    Same exact thing happened to me. Started out about the size of an eraser, then grew to about the size of a .50 pc.

The same morning the spot grew, my esc or back button stopped working. I restarted the phone, and it went to SAFE MODE...which apparently happens when you hold esc while restarting. I never knew this.

Problem was, i could never get it out of safe mode.

I went to Verizon, they said it looked like water, eventhough the indicators showed otherwise. Completely dry.

They ended up giving me a new phone, and acted like they were doing me a favor becasuse, according to them, it was water???

I can say with 100% certainty it was not water.

Dont know what it was, but it wasnt water, and my phone was def. messed up.

Id take it back, and they should replace it. Just dont let them act like its a "favor".

JM.02
    09-24-09 07:39 PM
    ok thanks!! I dont have verizon its a unlock for im using on tmobile!
    09-24-09 08:03 PM
    i got a pic

09-24-09 09:09 PM
    Thats water... exactly what mine looked like.
    09-24-09 09:21 PM
    moisture maybe? or there is the second screen protector on it that you never removed. There are 2 on there when you take it out of the box. The first one is the obvious one but the second screen protector isnt easy to see. Have you tried peeling it off?
    09-24-09 09:22 PM
    yeah i peeled off all the screen protectors! i know i didnt spill water on it but can it be from sweat?
    09-24-09 09:44 PM
    yeah i peeled off all the screen protectors! i know i didnt spill water on it but can it be from sweat?
    sure it could. Try putting it in a bag of rice overnight and see if that helps.
    09-24-09 09:59 PM
    I put it in rice and nothing!!! Can i pull off the glass on the 9530?
    09-25-09 02:55 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing: can the screen be removed for cleaning?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 01:48 AM
    If you ever have your phone in bathroom while showering that's how water gets in it, happened to my phone before.
    09-27-09 10:12 AM
    If you ever have your phone in bathroom while showering that's how water gets in it, happened to my phone before.
    Yeah i did have it in the bathroom one day!!! did it go away??
    09-27-09 01:04 PM
    Had the same thing happen to me, a spot the size of a dime was on the lower left corner of the screen, but after a couple of hours it faded, a drop of water fell on it but I wiped it off before anything could happen, and the spot appeared where the drop of water was.

09-27-09 01:37 PM
    My spots are still there after several days

09-27-09 01:45 PM
    It's liquid/moisture damage. It doesn't matter who says what else about their phone not being near water, but that's what it is. Doesn't have to be water per say, just some kind of moisture.
    09-27-09 03:00 PM
    Same exact thing happened to me. Started out about the size of an eraser, then grew to about the size of a .50 pc.

The same morning the spot grew, my esc or back button stopped working. I restarted the phone, and it went to SAFE MODE...which apparently happens when you hold esc while restarting. I never knew this.

Problem was, i could never get it out of safe mode.

I went to Verizon, they said it looked like water, eventhough the indicators showed otherwise. Completely dry.

They ended up giving me a new phone, and acted like they were doing me a favor becasuse, according to them, it was water???

I can say with 100% certainty it was not water.

Dont know what it was, but it wasnt water, and my phone was def. messed up.

Id take it back, and they should replace it. Just dont let them act like its a "favor".

JM.02
    They were doing you a favor. Your phone had liquid/moisture damage and instead of charging you full retail for a new one they replaced it.
    09-27-09 03:03 PM
    So my screen is gonna stay like that?

09-27-09 07:18 PM
    My Fiancee had this happen to his phone. Put it in a ZIPOC bag of rice for a couple days, not just over night. Over night most likely will not do anything. It needs to be in the rice for a few days. If this doesn't work you might just be S*** out of luck well unless you have the money to buy a screen from Cnn I think it is. If you can buy a new screen you need to find a video on youtube or here on CB on how to take your phone apart and fix it. Hope this helps.
    09-27-09 07:35 PM
    My Fiancee had this happen to his phone. Put it in a ZIPOC bag of rice for a couple days, not just over night. Over night most likely will not do anything. It needs to be in the rice for a few days. If this doesn't work you might just be S*** out of luck well unless you have the money to buy a screen from Cnn I think it is. If you can buy a new screen you need to find a video on youtube or here on CB on how to take your phone apart and fix it. Hope this helps.
    Im gonna try it! I did it for only a day! Thanks
    09-27-09 09:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD