boy it sounds like this guy is in a really sticky situation... WAKKA WAKKA!

but srlsy... i hope you get it fixed. good luck bro.
    04-30-09 10:30 AM
    Yes rice will work without a problem.
    04-30-09 10:40 AM
    This has happened to me before. I got some drops of watermelon slushee into my buttons and the camera button took the place of the return key.

What I did was remove the buttons and clean both the phone and buttons. They are stuck onto a piece of black plastic that is attached to the phone in four places. You have to be careful when prying it off, be gentle and don't break it. After you get it off, just clean with a soft cloth and alcohol. Then just snap the piece back in place carefully.

This returned the functionality in all of my buttons, so I hope it works for you too.
    04-30-09 04:15 PM
    And 165 degrees is NOT TOO HOT! You can cut it to 155 degrees if you like. I"m not making a joke here, I have done it 5 times and EVERY time it worked!
    Jim
    I concur. I cannot imagine that 165 Deg F would damage the phone. Having done bench repair at a number of places in my younger days, I remember we'd stick some things in a dishwasher (no soap). You just can't power the electronics up until it's good and dry.

Frankly distilled water at Wal-Mart would probably do better to dissolve the sugar, but it will take far longer to dry than alcohol.

I've never done this to a phone before, but my gut feeling would be that first a couple of distilled water baths to dissolve the sugar, followed by a couple of alcohol baths to help remove the water (water is alcohol soluble) then dry in a warm place. If the oven scares you then someplace else of your choosing with warm dry air.

(Rice is a pretty mediocre but harmless desiccant in my experience. How many salt shakers have you seen in restaurants with rice in them that are stuck up with salt when the humidity is high?)

My gut feeling, assuming you have insurance, would be that your time screwing with it is more valuable than the $50. Take it to them, cry a little if necessary, and move on. It's just a thing, after all. Not a child or pet.

MB
    04-30-09 05:00 PM
    Sham Wow!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

LoL I think You mean "SCAM WOW"
    04-30-09 06:16 PM
    stick a fork in it.. because its done Sorry
    04-30-09 06:19 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD