The speaker is broken on my phone. When I try to talk I can't hear anything and when I speak no one can hear what I am saying. The only way I can talk now is if I am on speaker phone.
    Also I can't hear music from the back speaker any longer.
    Should I just take it back to the carrier or is there something wrong that I could fix?
    10-01-09 04:00 PM
    try a battery pull first. If that doesnt fix it and it is actually hardware related then you can try and take it back and see if they will give you another one.
    10-01-09 04:06 PM
    Have you tried switching to Handset instead of Headset? Most likely your speaker isn't broken...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 09:11 AM
    The speaker is broken on my phone. When I try to talk I can't hear anything and when I speak no one can hear what I am saying. The only way I can talk now is if I am on speaker phone.
    Also I can't hear music from the back speaker any longer.
    Should I just take it back to the carrier or is there something wrong that I could fix?
    Can you hear it from the earphone speaker? It could be set like that. In your media player hit the BBbutton and go to activate speaker. But if it really is broken then they should give you a new one
    10-02-09 09:17 AM
    use a headset... plug/unplug a bunch of times. then plug in and twist it around a bunch of times. plug/unplug... etc etc. do that for a few minutes and try again.

when I've had a coworker or friend tell me about this same issue, the method I just described has had about a 90% success rate. (individual experience may vary, of course)
    10-02-09 12:42 PM
    Worstcase take it back, you're 1 year warranty is still good.
    10-02-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD