I was wondering if anybody else had this problem and if/how they resolved it.

I've updated the OS on my Storm for the first time (to 4.7.0.141) since getting it about two months ago.

Here's the problem -- since installing the new OS, I can't save a sound profile! I set the ringtone, MMS/SMS message alerts and alarm, but when I get calls, messages etc., it uses tones other than the ones I set. Also, when setting them and pressing "Try It", I hear nothing. I tried setting a custom profile -- no good. I tried accessing the sound profile a couple of different ways -- from the home screen and from the menu; nothing. The ringtones/alerts files are all there and undamaged -- I can access and play them from Media; I just can't save them in a profile.

I thought of downgrading, going back to the old OS, but I like some of the features of the new one. Thought of upgrading to a leaked version of the OS, but I'm a newbie (this is my first Blackberry), and I don't know how trustworthy they are. In fact, I don't know that it's a problem related to the OS at all.

Help!
    06-26-09 08:45 AM
    Have you tried the latest official OS release .148?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 10:34 AM
    I'm also having the same problem with the .148 OS. But this only started AFTER I got a refurbished phone due to a screen problem with my first phone. But everything was working fine with the first phone on .148.
    06-27-09 03:00 PM
    Have you tried the latest official OS release .148?
    He is on the latest official release for a 9500 - Vodofone, UK!
    06-27-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD