I have my sound profile set for my email to play bbpro_sanguine and my sms/mms text to play bbpro_gungho but 9/10 times it plays bbpro_sanguine for everything. i checked all my settings and everything is still there, it plays bbpro_gungho on the "try it" mode but only 1/10 times i get a message. anyone know why this would be?
    07-06-09 03:21 PM
    Do ya have any custom profiles setup? Check those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 04:44 PM
    no i dont have any custom sound profiles. its really weird because sometimes it plays the right sound, but most times it doesnt.
    07-07-09 08:19 AM
    I have had this same problem, just as you described--with "try it" playing the specified ringtone, then an actual call or email results in an altogether different tone. This has happened since I did the official upgrade to .148 from VZW (I was official .75 prior to that, no leaked os). I have no custom ringtones.
    Any advice to resolve is welcome.
    07-07-09 08:24 AM
    its completely at random who the sms messages are from that it will play ringtone sanguine or gungho. so i went into each contact and i noticed that sanguine was the default message tone even though i set gungho as the sms mms message tone on the main screen. so i changed each contact in my phonebook message tone to gungho, and now it will play gungho all the time, even if they send an email.
    07-09-09 08:06 AM
    My SMS makes weird noises. If the message comes from a Verizon customer it makes a random noise instead of the alert I have chosen for SMS. I was told this is a known error w/ the Storm and that they are working on it. It was supposed to be fixed w/ the update but obviously that didn't happen.
    07-09-09 09:05 AM
    Mine is hit and miss. Sometimes it plays the sound that I set up in my custom profile, sometimes it plays no sound at all. It is random.

JPD217

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 09:40 AM
    Mine used to be pretty random. I think it's working better now after the 148 update. The main problems I had were when I got texts from numbers that weren't complete phone numbers but the short text message numbers the sound would be semi-random... sometimes seeming to play whatever the last sound played was.
    07-09-09 09:49 AM
    i have also been having trouble with my phone not playing the right ringtones since i updated... it really is hit or miss. i posted about it last night
    07-09-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD