Having a major problem with my Storm. The sound profile will change to vibrate intermittenly when phone is in oem holster. Have spoken with Verizon. They gave me new phone and new holster BUT problem continues. Can anyone HELP? Have you had same problem? Any fixes? THANK YOU!!!
    01-21-09 09:53 AM
    Yes. Sometimes when I put the phone in the Verizon holster it changes to the vibrate profile. Sometimes it doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 09:55 AM
    Is the holster pressing down on the mute button? If so, that can change the profile...
    01-21-09 10:23 AM
    What is your hot key set at? I just to have it on volume control...big mistake right there. It would switch ALL the time in my pocket (Pain In The A$$)
    01-21-09 10:30 AM
    If you hold down the mute button it will change to vibrate only profile.

change the vibrate only profile to match your normal profile and it won't matter if you accidentally push it. You can then create a new profile for vibrate.
    01-21-09 10:48 AM
    What is your hot key set at? I just to have it on volume control...big mistake right there. It would switch ALL the time in my pocket (Pain In The A$$)
    What is the "HOT KEY"? Didn't know that there is one!
    01-21-09 10:50 AM
    Having a major problem with my Storm. The sound profile will change to vibrate intermittenly when phone is in oem holster. Have spoken with Verizon. They gave me new phone and new holster BUT problem continues. Can anyone HELP? Have you had same problem? Any fixes? THANK YOU!!!
    I posted a couple replies that explains the issue here.
    It has NOTHING to do with your phone being locked or sound profiles. Its a defect in the holster that affects the storms normal settings. Read that post and you will understand.
    PROBLEM SOLVED: Stopped using the plastic holster! Glsec507 was right!! I got rid of the Verizon Plastic Holster and have NOT had the problem since!!!! Return your HOLSTER to the Verizon store today!!!!!!!
    01-28-09 02:41 PM
    PROBLEM SOLVED: Stopped using the plastic holster! Glsec507 was right!! I got rid of the Verizon Plastic Holster and have NOT had the problem since!!!! Return your HOLSTER to the Verizon store today!!!!!!!
    I noticed this the day I bought the holster.

Cheap plastic cr@p was actually depressing my mute button as well as clamping the phone. Not sure if this was an intended effect (I doubt it, why clamp the mute button but not the lock button?)

Ended up returning it.

1 month and 8 days later, still waiting to be refunded for it.........
    01-28-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD