So I've noticed for the past several days that when I get text messages and vibrates, it's not always followed by the sound assigned to SMS messages. I've checked my sound profiles and everything is how it's supposed to be in order for it to sound the alarm.

Anyone have this problem or know of a fix?
    06-01-09 12:05 AM
    I noticed the same thing. I have the application RingandVib on my storm, so disabled it to see if it started working again, and it did. I dont know if you have this app as well but I noticed today after disableing it that mine is working fine again...
    06-01-09 12:09 AM
    I don't have that app. And I've also noticed it vibrates well before the sound actually plays...
    06-01-09 01:59 AM
    Same problem here. I am getting SMS notification with vibe, then sound, but not getting it for email. Checked settings and they work when you 'try it' by hitting button at bottom, but no sound. I have also noted that when I hit my sound up/down soft keys on the side there is no change in volume.
    06-01-09 02:10 AM
    Cough....update your Storm to .148, its offical now....Go to Options->Advanced Options->Wireless Update and fallow the directions...the new update 4.7.0.148 should show up there ready to be upgraded...the no sound issue was addressed with this update and now works! Also about 95 other fixes were put in this update so you should be a happy Storm user, or atleast happier...
    06-01-09 03:07 AM
    Cough....update your Storm to .148, its offical now....Go to Options->Advanced Options->Wireless Update and fallow the directions...the new update 4.7.0.148 should show up there ready to be upgraded...the no sound issue was addressed with this update and now works! Also about 95 other fixes were put in this update so you should be a happy Storm user, or atleast happier...

This happened to me AFTER (cough) I updated to .148.
    06-01-09 10:37 AM
    I've HAD .148 for awhile and I'm still having this problem.
    06-07-09 12:08 AM
    This happened to me AFTER (cough) I updated to .148.
    yeah, i've been having this same problem after upgrading to .148. is it an issue with vibeandring?
    06-07-09 01:19 AM
    Same issue here but I think mine is due to the Storm slider app. If that isn't "active" the sounds work fine. Wonder if the same people made both apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 06:12 AM
    Same issue here but I think mine is due to the Storm slider app. If that isn't "active" the sounds work fine. Wonder if the same people made both apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i don't have the storm slider app so that's not it.
    06-07-09 02:18 PM
    I get this sometimes with Facebook notifications too on <cough> 148
    06-07-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD