When I have my Storm in holster with sound set to LOUD and I get an alert for an email or text message, etc and DO NOT check it, the Storm automatically changes sound profile to VIBRATE! Why? How can I stop this from happening? Also can I get Storm to give repeated alerts until I check it? Thank you!
    Last edited by LivingInParadise; 01-14-09 at 08:36 AM.
    01-14-09 08:01 AM
    I was having this same problem and it was from the holster putting to much pressure on the mute button, not enough to activate it but enough to hold the button down if the slightest pressure was put on the button. What you can do is take a small file and file the side that touches the phone at the top of the clip and this will solve your problem
    01-14-09 08:15 AM
    I also wonder if you are able to get repeated alerts
    01-14-09 08:24 AM
    I have a clip holster and it doesn't apply pressure anywhere near the mute button. I also have issues with the phone changing from LOUD to VIBRATE after receiving messages, text or phone call that I choose to ignore.

I was having this same problem and it was from the holster putting to much pressure on the mute button, not enough to activate it but enough to hold the button down if the slightest pressure was put on the button. What you can do is take a small file and file the side that touches the phone at the top of the clip and this will solve your problem
    01-14-09 09:46 AM
    When I have my Storm in holster with sound set to LOUD and I get an alert for an email or text message, etc and DO NOT check it, the Storm automatically changes sound profile to VIBRATE! Why? How can I stop this from happening? Also can I get Storm to give repeated alerts until I check it? Thank you!
    That's because the Storm has the "Holster" configuration. When the phone is placed into a holster, it goes into "Holser-Mode".

You can change this setting by going into your call alert settings and messing around with how your phone behaves whilst holstered.

Hope this helps.
    01-14-09 10:15 AM
    I have a clip holster and it doesn't apply pressure anywhere near the mute button. I also have issues with the phone changing from LOUD to VIBRATE after receiving messages, text or phone call that I choose to ignore.
    It seems as though it was programed to think that if we ignore an alert that we DO NOT want hear alerts on any future calls or messages!
    01-14-09 10:16 AM
    That's because the Storm has the "Holster" configuration. When the phone is placed into a holster, it goes into "Holser-Mode".

You can change this setting by going into your call alert settings and messing around with how your phone behaves whilst holstered.

Hope this helps.
    I do have phone set for "Sound in Holster." The problem occurs only after I ignore an alert.
    01-14-09 10:23 AM
    Mine will just change to vibrate on its own. I have vibrate in holster only and sound in holster selected, and every now and again i'll get a vibrate and go to check it only to see the profile has switched to vibrate. And the phone is in the sleeper pouch in a shirt pocket, no sitting or leaning on the phone that could depress any buttons. Maybe the holster is just too tight... as this doesnt happen when i just have the phone "naked".
    01-14-09 11:17 AM
    I also wonder if you are able to get repeated alerts
    After browsing the forums a little i came upon your question... I have heard that the only way to get repeating alerts is to get an app similar to "BB Alerts" This allows you to config the led / tones to your liking.
    01-14-09 12:23 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Glsec507
    I posted a couple replies that explains the issue here.
    It has NOTHING to do with your phone being locked or sound profiles. Its a defect in the holster that affects the storms normal settings. Read that post and you will understand.

PROBLEM SOLVED: Stopped using the plastic holster! Glsec507 was right!! I got rid of the Verizon Plastic Holster and have NOT had the problem since!!!! Return your HOLSTER to the Verizon store today!!!!!!!
    01-28-09 02:47 PM
    What is probably happening is you are hitting the top button that when in holster it turns the profile to vibrate. I have tested this and when you hold the button down when not in the holster it doesn't do anything, however, when you have the phone in the holster it will make it vibrate. I have found that when sitting down or bending over I sometimes hit this and cause it to switch to vibrate. Took me a while to realize what I was doing.
    02-10-09 09:16 AM
    i am having the same issue, i use a blackberry leather holster, with strap over the top. how can i disable it from switching profiles? Is there a way to password the change? help it is driving me crazy.
    thanks
    05-17-09 01:00 PM
    i am having the same issue, i use a blackberry leather holster, with strap over the top. how can i disable it from switching profiles? Is there a way to password the change? help it is driving me crazy.
    thanks
    If you receive an alert and you press the mute button to silence it, it will change your profile to vibrate.

To change your password go to options>password>change password unless it is locked down by an IT policy.
    05-17-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD