Hi, new to the forums here.

I have a blackberry 9530 with OS 5.0.0.328. I recently unlocked it by going to advanced settings, sim card, typed in mepd then mep2, inputted the unlock code and I got a message saying "code accepted". I restarted the device, put in the att sim card, and I immediately got the SOS on the top of the phone.

Now, I have gone to the network settings, checked 2G only, and chose the att 2G H, and att 2g independently. I always get the SOS. I even updated the service books for att and nothing.

I also looked at the the paper trick behind the sim card to hold it in place, and still nothing. I even got my gf sim card, which was on tmobile and still got the SOS.

I checked that the phone was unlocked by following the same procedure i did the first time to unlock it, and it said network inactive. typed in mep2 and no screen came up which leads me to believe its already unlocked. Has anyone else had this situation? and what did you do to remedy this?

Thanks.

p.s tried two att sim cards, one line with bb data plan active, and the other without.
    12-01-10 11:10 PM
    12-01-10 11:14 PM
    I stated that I added the service books, which is what the link you gave me does.

Adding the service books isn't helping the problem.

Anyone else have a solution?
    12-02-10 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD