First time starting a thread so be nice...

So I just received my Storm, and was wondering if it possible to mute the clicking sound of the SurePress Touchscreen?

I already used the Search function, but to no avail I found nothing.

It's kind of hard to reply to an emergency e-mail during a meeting, and having everybody hearing the clicking in the background. And yes, i am a texting and e-mailing fiend! lol

Help a crackberry friend out!

thank you
    12-16-08 03:38 PM
    I'd be curious myself as I've had more than one dirty look hurled my way in staff meeting ;-)
    12-16-08 03:42 PM
    the 'click' isn't an audible click. i.e. its not the speaker thats making a clicking noise whenever you press something. The click sound is just the button under the screen clicking.

There is an audible click so you can double check to make sure its off. Go into options > screen/keyboard > key tone > off

but that is more of a beep than a click. So yea, its just the noise any ol' button would make
    12-16-08 03:43 PM
    ahhhh Darko.com you share my pain. lol its worse when it happens at the rectangular long exec meeting table, and everybody pretty much turns around and looks at you.

yea already did that imann101.

oh well... i just don't recall my Curve being that loud or maybe its just me.
    12-16-08 03:50 PM
    ahhhh Darko.com you share my pain. lol its worse when it happens at the rectangular long exec meeting table, and everybody pretty much turns around and looks at you.

yea already did that imann101.

oh well... i just don't recall my Curve being that loud or maybe its just me.
    your curve wasnt a CLICK screen. key word being CLICK
    12-16-08 04:00 PM
    your curve wasnt a CLICK screen. key word being CLICK
    i understand that and i never said it was, but my curve did have buttons though.

so in turn, key word being "buttons", buttons make a CLICKING sound too.
    12-16-08 05:00 PM
    The short answer is no - it's a hardware click and can't be muted.
    12-16-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD