Alright so i've searched all around the forums and have not come across a problem like this:

I cannot get a ringtone to play when someone calls me.... I've tried every single Sound profile, and even made a custom one. In fact, when i made another profile, it erased both of my other sound profiles that i had been using forever. It is weird because the sound works fine for my SMS, email, and all others, just not for calls.

This is my 4th replacement device and although it sounds like a software issue, im starting to think i want it to be a hardware issue so i can send this POS back one more time and get upgraded to a storm 2.

Any help/ input would be great.

Thanks.
    12-11-09 08:46 PM
    Try going into the media file, choose ringtones or music(which ever you use), scroll and click your way to get to the file you want, highlight it, hit the berry button, then choose "set as ring tone." Sorry for the run-on sentence, but this is how I set my ringtones.
    12-11-09 09:06 PM
    Does it work with the default ringtones on a freshly security wiped device? If not, you've got other issues. If yes, then it's your Sound Profiles you're restoring from your backup. Go into Backup/Restore/Advanced in DM and clear the Sounds database.
    12-11-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD