All of a sudden I have someone elses email account on my Storm, it never receives emails or gives me the opportunity to remove the icon any ideas how I can get rid of it??
    08-26-09 08:24 AM
    try logging into your bis and removing it if its there
    08-26-09 08:35 AM
    try logging into your bis and removing it if its there
    it's not there
    08-26-09 09:32 AM
    All of a sudden I have someone elses email account on my Storm, it never receives emails or gives me the opportunity to remove the icon any ideas how I can get rid of it??
    Are you saying that you are getting the notfication icon you associate with new emails, but there are no new emails received? What, exactly, makes you think the notification is for email for someone else's account that you never receive?

Could the icon be for something else, such as text messages, missed calls, etc?
    08-26-09 09:40 AM
    Are you saying that you are getting the notfication icon you associate with new emails, but there are no new emails received? What, exactly, makes you think the notification is for email for someone else's account that you never receive?

Could the icon be for something else, such as text messages, missed calls, etc?
    The icon is a mail icon(envelope) and has the persons email address so therefore I would assume it's for email.
    08-26-09 09:51 AM
    Could it be, possibly, you received an email? Or a SMS from a yahoo or something? If not then did you get the phone from another person? Who possibly might've had data plan and used it to do emails. Thats just a simple.. suggestion. lol
    08-26-09 10:21 AM
    Could it be, possibly, you received an email? Or a SMS from a yahoo or something? If not then did you get the phone from another person? Who possibly might've had data plan and used it to do emails. Thats just a simple.. suggestion. lol
    The phone was new from Verizon, it appeared after I did a battery pull when on the line to customer services (she went into my phone and could not see it however it is on the homepage) a very long time after initially recieving the phone it's the very same icon as my other email icons so I very much doubt it is anything other than that

It doesn't receive anything but i can't get rid of the icon maybe I should try sending an email form it and see what happens?
    08-26-09 11:29 AM
    OP:

options>advanced options>service books and see if you can find a service book for the email account that you're wondering about...delete it...

this is only a temp fix, i'd call your carrier to use their BIS admin tool to clear any accounts assigned to your PIN, and re-assign only your email accounts...
    08-26-09 11:38 AM
    OP:

options>advanced options>service books and see if you can find a service book for the email account that you're wondering about...delete it...

this is only a temp fix, i'd call your carrier to use their BIS admin tool to clear any accounts assigned to your PIN, and re-assign only your email accounts...
    For the win!

Cheers m8
    08-26-09 12:41 PM
    ha ha ha! i win again!!!
    08-26-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD