I did a thread yesterday on the 8900 forum and now I wanna do one here and hear your opinions. My buddy wants to trade me his new unlocked storm for my curve 8900. Now I know the pros and cons about the phone through reviews but I wanna hear it personally from people that have the Storm ... especially from the ones that have it for TMobile
    03-26-09 01:16 PM
    that's the Bold look-a-like Curve ? i seriously dig my Storm, yet if someone offered i would do it.

(which well... don't matter because i think the 8900 does not work on Verizon anyway)
    03-26-09 01:19 PM
    The physical keyboard is going to be the major choice you need to make, can you adjust will you like it? The OS on the Storm is great, can you live with a great screen and no physical keyboard, and also being on 2g with T-Mobile, I'd say go for it!
    03-26-09 01:19 PM
    I have mine for verizon and I love it.

Here is what you should think about:

Do you like typing fast with precision accuracy? If so go with the 8900
    Do you like to watch videos? Go with the storm
    Do you like a bunch of fun apps? Go with the storm
    Are you using it for business? Go with the 8900
    Do you like to show your phone off to people? Go with the storm
    Do a lot of internet browsing? That's a toss up, the storm has a larger screen size (same pixel width though) but some users prefer to scroll with a trackball rather then their finger

Those are just a few things. I would play around with the storm and get a good feel for it and see if you like it.

Remember though that grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    03-26-09 01:24 PM
    <oops> i meant, if i was the 8900 owner i would NOT trade :}
    03-26-09 01:24 PM
    I have mine for verizon and I love it.

Here is what you should think about:

Do you like typing fast with precision accuracy? If so go with the 8900
    Do you like to watch videos? Go with the storm
    Do you like a bunch of fun apps? Go with the storm
    Are you using it for business? Go with the 8900
    Do you like to show your phone off to people? Go with the storm
    Do a lot of internet browsing? That's a toss up, the storm has a larger screen size (same pixel width though) but some users prefer to scroll with a trackball rather then their finger

Those are just a few things. I would play around with the storm and get a good feel for it and see if you like it.

Remember though that grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I went from a Curve 8320--iPhone 3g--Curve 8900...

Typing is so easy for me that I can type without looking on the 8320 and 8900 keyboards. But I typed just as fast on the iPhone.

I like the Storm for pictures, movies, 8gb music

I would get it for the future games because I loved the app store and all the dumb little games on the iPhone.

Yes I deffinitely want a phone that people wanna look at to say buahahha lol

and for browsing I usually go to espn.com/crackberry/ and yahoo for my fantasy baseball leagues.
    03-26-09 01:28 PM
    I'm a major texter and i use BBM alot
    03-26-09 01:32 PM
    surepress! love it or hate it. that's your biggest concern.

if you really like a physical keyboard, you need to be sure you can live with surepress. otherwise you won't be able to live with the storm.

also, there may be some issues finding the correct combo of os radio codes and device sw that will allow you to enjoy your experience on tmo.
    03-26-09 01:48 PM
    I would say play around with his phone as much as possible to see if it is right for you before you make the switch, and find out why he wants to switch...is it because hes having issues with it or he needs a physical keyboard.
    03-26-09 01:54 PM
    I would do it if you wanted a change from the norm. Also because the screen is so nice on the storm for watching movies!
    03-26-09 02:06 PM
    I would also recommend that you play with the storm. The only thing is, if you go inside a VZW store, they'll undoubtedly have .75 firmware loaded on the phone. This, imho, is not the right way to "try" a storm. It is, however, a surefire way to potentially hate a storm. Do you know any friends who have a storm? If so, what firmware are they running? Would they let you try theirs? Hopefully, you can try a "real" storm running a hybrid or .113. That's really the only way to best try one out.
    03-26-09 04:32 PM
    8900 everyday of the week, twice on Sunday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD