and the touch pro lags worse than the storm did...imagine that

VZW is so FULL OF FAIL
    11-27-08 02:07 AM
    LOL. Not to laugh at your situation, because it sucks, but what did you expect out of Windows Mobile?
    11-27-08 02:12 AM
    Should have got the Touch HD...heard better reports about that one. Still only WM 6.1 though and v7 is due out soon.
    11-27-08 02:13 AM
    LOL. Not to laugh at your situation, because it sucks, but what did you expect out of Windows Mobile?
    its not that big a deal, i can return it and get a new storm if i want
    11-27-08 02:14 AM
    It has nothing to do with verizon its the phone.
    11-27-08 02:14 AM
    explain..i mean i know its memory is a bit low yea

btw, with only running the Touch Flo interface, im at 70% memory used up
    11-27-08 02:16 AM
    man... i new this would start happening too... people are SO nit picky that they don't realize that a ton of other phones out there are way worse =(

oh well..

to each is own.. and there is problems with peoples storms but alot didn't even wait for a update.
    11-27-08 02:17 AM
    its not that big a deal, i can return it and get a new storm if i want
    I would of gone with the Samsung Saga, if you desperately want to stay away from the storm.

Saga has wifi and costs about the same as the storm.
    11-27-08 02:18 AM
    you alreay have the touch pro? didnt it not come out yet?

also, doesnt verizon allow one return/exchange of a phone. they tol me you can go from one to another to another. atleast not within the same 30 days.
    11-27-08 02:34 AM
    i got the storm. sold it on EBAY. got the touch pro full retail. so i should be able to return the touch pro
    11-27-08 02:35 AM
    sorry but I have to say it!!

you deserve it!
    11-27-08 02:59 AM

you deserve it!

whatever, i can always sell my Touch back and get the Storm while still making about 40 bucks profit
    11-27-08 03:05 AM
    I have to say, I also returned my Storm as it has too many issues at the moment... I'm sure 99% of them will get fixed in time, but that's time (& money) I'm not prepared to spend! If BB want to pay me to be their beta tester, then maybe.

Anyway, on the positive side of things, I'm also rid of my iPhone and just got myself a shiny new Bold... so I hope to stick around CB for a while!
    11-27-08 03:07 AM
    People who have already returned or sold their Storm are VERY impatient. I understand if you're a business man or woman, or in a profession of that nature. You need to stay connected 24/7 with reliability and functionality.

But...

Those of you who are just picky and can't wait are just hilarious. Its just a phone guys, take it easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:48 AM
    My condolances. I moved from winmo to a bold a few weeks back and I'd NEVER return to winmo. Just sold my old htc tytyn on ebay for �100 (uk) and almost feel sorry for the buyer/amazed that I got so much for it. Was wiping the memory last night and it was pitiful, clunky system, no fun to use, doesn't live up to expectations for video, email, pictures, music. Bb's are way ahead of winmo - even older bb's must be preferable to winmo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:53 AM
    I have the HTC Touch Diamond and altho its a nice phone, the size and compactness of it...it truly sucks because of Winmo 6.1...what a pile of steaming dog poo that operating system is. Ive flashed my Diamond so many times with user based roms that its getting to the point that i just want to smash it into pieces. I did like the phone but now its got to the point that i dont even use it other than to make calls and type out texts...the touch screen is absolute rubbish.

I seriously cannot wait till my upgrade comes through in Jan...then blackberry Bold here i come. I dont think ill ever go back to Winmo ever again...its far too clunky and inefficient as an operating system.
    11-27-08 05:39 AM

you deserve it!
    I'm glad you said it... I was thinking the same thing
    11-27-08 06:59 AM
    According to ppc geek users, the vzw phone is not nearly as good as the sprint version...

- they changed the physical keyboard to a less compelling layout
    - locked gps
    - changed the look of the device. one user described it as "radio shack-ish"
    - less memory
    - no tf3d
    - no fm radio

I haven't confirmed any of this but I found it interesting.

Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information - PPCGeeks
    11-27-08 07:17 AM
    I seriously cannot wait till my upgrade comes through in Jan...then blackberry Bold here i come.
    Any reason you are going for teh older Bold and not the newer Storm, especially here in UK as we seem to have a lot less reports of faulty ones?
    11-27-08 07:57 AM
    Hahaha, sorry, this sucks for you, but this is too funny.

BB >>>>> Windows Mobile
    11-27-08 08:18 AM
    According to ppc geek users, the vzw phone is not nearly as good as the sprint version...

- locked gps
    - less memory
    - no tf3d
    - no fm radio

It actually does have tf3d, and the GPS i believe is locked to vz nav
    11-27-08 08:20 AM

- locked gps
    - less memory
    - no tf3d
    - no fm radio

1) Keyboard is true. If you see it then you'll realize this is a blunder that most people only made when DRUNK OFF THEIR ****.

2) GPS is allegedly locked too. Can't confirm but was told it would be from the operator.

3) Look - yes, VZW's is a bit different. I know the Sprint device looks awesome and the click out keyboard is extremely smooth. The phone doesn't have an antenna and isn't bigger than a Treo and this phone is lighter than the Sprint device.

4) YES, VZW's definitely has less memory. They wanted to save battery life (and potentially costs) and there is considerably less memory on the VZW version.

Don't know about the rest but I think they are true as well. Fact is that VZW seems to know how to really screw up a phone. But still, given the choice, I'd get the touch pro in a second. At least I can get around and do powerful things on there. WM also has a MUCH better browser available than the still mediocre BB browser. Plus there is also WiFi if you don't want to deal with EVDOs lags.
    11-27-08 08:51 AM
    Yeah, I played with the Touch Pro and almost went that way, being a long time WinMo user, but it was so underpowered and VZ ate up so much of the available memory with their lame 'included' apps that it drove me crazy. You all laugh at WinMo, but I have to tell you that the presentation of email (at least in my opinion!) is far superior to the BB platform. I saw my email EXACTLY as it appears in Outlook, in all the correct folders automatically. That is the one thing about the BB platform right now that just drives me crazy! How can you deal with this undifferentiated stream of stuff coming in? I get about 500 messages a day and I am already feeling overwhelmed with how it is presented. I probably won't go back, but it is tempting...
    11-27-08 09:59 AM
    Any reason you are going for teh older Bold and not the newer Storm, especially here in UK as we seem to have a lot less reports of faulty ones?
    Well I love the US, but here we whine a lot and are impatient.

So while there are tons and tons of threads about how people hate it, if you take a look at the polls 85% of the people like the phone. about half of that are people who like it a lot and are just hoping the updates fix the lag.

Also the 9500 only has CDMA and the 9530 has a handfull of radios which makes it more intensive to run, more lag, etc. etc. But yea... people who don't like it are just more vocal.
    11-27-08 10:14 AM
    Yeah, I played with the Touch Pro and almost went that way, being a long time WinMo user, but it was so underpowered and VZ ate up so much of the available memory with their lame 'included' apps that it drove me crazy. You all laugh at WinMo, but I have to tell you that the presentation of email (at least in my opinion!) is far superior to the BB platform. I saw my email EXACTLY as it appears in Outlook, in all the correct folders automatically. That is the one thing about the BB platform right now that just drives me crazy! How can you deal with this undifferentiated stream of stuff coming in? I get about 500 messages a day and I am already feeling overwhelmed with how it is presented. I probably won't go back, but it is tempting...
    It is the bane of the Blackberry's existence. Fortunately I don't really need much differentiation but you're right. The lack of easily being able to switch folders to see SMS is downright infuriating. It takes several steps just to view folders. It should be a single click and dropdown to view different email folders in the main presentation. THIS is why I can't stand the fact that Blackberry decided to take on the Apple iPhone when it is still in the process of upgrading it's own basic OS and email functionality.

If you need separation of folders, do NOT get a blackberry. If Verizon didn't b-slap their HTC Touch Pro, that is the phone I would consider getting. However the Treo/Curve keyboard blows away the putrid keyboard on that device that I find difficult to type. Other than that, the HTC Touch Pro on Sprint is a gorgeous piece of hardware.
    11-27-08 12:06 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD